Unofficially....Live from the woods 2021 turkey hunting thread.

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a very interesting morning. Snuck into woods early. Looked around and said. That doesn't look like a turkey. Yup, it's a bear. 5 seconds later this bear ran straight at me. I can't post the video

7th Day out and,I  am finally on Board!  Had this Field to myself- ( not Stewart).   23lb Gobbler-- 1"+ Sharp Spurs, + a 10" Beard.  Bobbing Hen Decoy was out. Used a " Flydown Fla

Posted Images

Cold 36 degrees here no snow and wind is 7 NNW.  Not your typical May 1st but ain’t gonna get them from the couch.  Good luck 

• Like 2

Up until yesterday, I intended on carrying the bow, but then it dawned on me that my fathers 11-87 hasn't seen any action now for 15 years. Time to bring it out! That man loved turkey hunting even more than deer hunting...

Far from an ideal morning, but a hell of a lot better than yesterday anyways!

• Like 4

Way colder & windier than expected . Decided to get into blind out of the wind and drop call. It broke. Not i got nothing lol

2ffc0fc53e2c5e4d11ec609fee67b1d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Way colder & windier than expected . Decided to get into blind out of the wind and drop call. It broke. Not i got nothing lol

2ffc0fc53e2c5e4d11ec609fee67b1d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That wire should just need to be slid back in there.  I had that happen with that exact call.  Unless more is broke of course .... 

• Like 1

GF got me a thermacell for my b day last year and a heated vest for Xmas, didn't expect to use the heated vest first.  Lol.

Good luck everyone. Feels good being live from the woods again.

• Like 3

Tucked in and ready with my 7 year old in tow......buddy is setup 100 yards away hoping we get a shot at them coming or going. Wind really died down from last night which makes the 38 degree morning feel decent. Man the woods is alive with songs birds.......this beats sleeping in anyday!

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

It is a beautiful morning here on the SE corner of wmu 9F.  The wind is right very light and the temp is 35.  The other birds are all waking up and chirping but I dont hear any turkeys yet.

I am in position, in my popup blind, watching my decoy 25 yards away.  Hopefully the wind will pick up soon and get her moving a bit, and maybe a tom will show up.

Posted (edited)

It's 32 degrees with a dusting of snow on everything.  Wind has died down a lot, but it's really quiet.  Not even little birds making any calls.  Good Luck to all.

Edited by Grouse