What is your favorite place to travel to?

Bionic

17 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Been to the Mayan Pyramids  in Mexico and did a cruise to Alaska , being retired Military we can go stay at any Military base on the cheap and will probably head out to Anchorage AF Base next year and rent a car and just drive wherever in the state !

Be sure to stop at Skinny Dicks Halfway Inn. It's between Denali Park and Fairbanks, right on RT 3.

Talkeetna is very cool.

Edited by eaglemountainman
  • Like 1

The only traveling that interests me is here in the USA and particularly states that have good hunting. Would like to go on a trip to such states in an easily driven maneuverable vehicle like below with a Honda Trail mounted on the rear bumper. In it I would be equipped  and prepared to hunt everything I wanted. A good big game rifle, a couple of shotguns to cover both waterfowl and upland and a couple of highly accurate varmint rifles along with some fishing equipment. Of course one of my best Airedales will be along for the fun.

Probably start in the Dakotas working my way to Wyoming and Montana. As the weather changes toward winter start south through all the mountain states and eventually working my way into Arizona and Texas sight seeing, fishing and hunting all the way. I have many contacts out that way and it would be a blast meeting them all.

Al

2021-05-12_104621.png

2021-05-12_104503.png

Edited by airedale
  • Like 5

Yosemite- Felt live I belonged here the instant I arrived. Amazing place, you just feel so small here. 

Dublin- I have strong connection to Ireland because of my heritage. I love the Irish warm and friendly culture and also love a good pub and a pint. The Irish people are so welcoming and always up for a conversation. I'm always in the process of planning a weekend here. 

Slovakia- My wife is from here so I have been here a lot back and forth when we were long distance. Much more simple way of life in the small villages here. Many people say it's like how America was in the 50's. I don't know if that's true but it seems like it is. Everything is made from scratch, they get by on very little. People are very old fashioned which is a nice change from here. Always fun to visit and unwind here.

• Like 2

On 5/12/2021 at 4:05 PM, left field said:

Mammoth Lakes in the Eastern Sierra is pretty spectacular.

Low res shots really over processed.

The Upper Owens.

88A27018-60EF-43DA-9A54-E67F29594266.thumb.jpeg.c0a038ec531a0b0d7a14579d1530951b.jpeg

Hot Creek. John Wayne rode through here in True Grit.

95D6DD64-BAFE-4792-B385-2B7CFF490E36.thumb.jpeg.db2f406bbbaf7628d5ab85e6cfd27717.jpeg

Love Mammoth Lakes. Such a cool little town. 

8 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

I love going to black lake. My wife always wants to go to the ocean. My go to for the ocean is topsail island.

This summer for our 25th anniversary my wife and I are heading down to northeast Kentucky area. Just getting in car and going, no plan.

If we ever can get a chance I would like to take my family to the Pearl Harbor memorial museum in Hawaii. So my son can see it before he gets to caught up in life with other things. . On another note Top sail island is one of our favorites also fishing for spots, red drum and living life salty .

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Just Lucky said:

I love going to black lake. My wife always wants to go to the ocean. My go to for the ocean is topsail island.

This summer for our 25th anniversary my wife and I are heading down to northeast Kentucky area. Just getting in car and going, no plan.

Be sure to check out Mammoth Caves National Park.  Very very cool and nice country.  And of course all the Bourbon places.  We toured JimBeam factory, very interesting and delicious sampling. 

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Otto said:

Be sure to check out Mammoth Caves National Park.  Very very cool and nice country.  And of course all the Bourbon places.  We toured JimBeam factory, very interesting and delicious sampling. 

Going to Nashville in august. Was told bourbon trail and mammoth caves a must do along the way. 

• Like 1

Ive had the green light to visit our operations in Dutch Harbor, Ive just got to find seven days. Covid screwed up the past year obviously
Can you be a doll and bring me back some cool souvenirs?

#WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ive had the green light to visit our operations in Dutch Harbor, Ive just got to find seven days. Covid screwed up the past year obviously

I've watched deadliest catch ,dutch harbor is filled with felons and people with substance abuse problems ,please be careful. 

Going to Nashville in august. Was told bourbon trail and mammoth caves a must do along the way. 

We are going in early October with a pit stop in Louisville on the way down. We will have to get together after you get back to discuss the must do’s and the things to avoid. The only thing we have planned out is a concert at the Ryman theater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

@Moho81, @turkeyfeathers

The Ryman is very cool, take the backstage tour if you can too. Nashville Hot Chicken is a dining must.  Hatties B’s is one of the originals, but others are very good.  Broadway almost anytime of day or night is a great experience, drinks, food and live music! Depending on what you want to do, I can give other suggestions too.

• Like 1