Possible bullet wound?

pappa123

Shot a buck a few yrs ago that had no junk. It was a healing over patch of skin with a little hole to piss out of.  Can't imagine what happened to that buck to remove everything.

Edited by mowin

One of our youth hunters punched a perfect circle in a does ear 2 years ago with a 12ga slug. His first shot was good but the doe ran so he kept shooting. If I remember right he shot 4 time and the doe only had a hole in its chest and a hole in its ear.

And ya better believe we used the hole in the ear as the spot to attach the tag!!!

I wish I had a picture. It was like someone used a really big hole puncher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

always thought a lot of ears like that might be due to frostbite.  Got to figure its a very thin area and very susceptible to the extreme cold when its below zero.  

I never event thought about the frostbite angle, that's a definite possibility. 

10 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

always thought a lot of ears like that might be due to frostbite.  Got to figure its a very thin area and very susceptible to the extreme cold when its below zero.  

I remember helping my brother in law with his baby goats. We had to keep them warm and penned up if a cold snap came in. Ears were so thin they would freeze and break off. 

• 5 weeks later...