Is Putin emboldened by weak leadership and appeasement?

Saw this in the news this am - no surprise here . NOBODY was weaker and more Incompetent In The foreign policy arena than Obama IMHO , save his Former VP , now the current Prez. Has Putin been emboldened by weak leadership in the White House? Would he have pulled this crap if The Stud President Trump was still running the show - I don’t think so !! 

• Like 3

Yes, Trump’s inappropriate support for Putin over his own intelligence agencies certainly emboldened Putin and laid the groundwork for what we’re seeing today. Here’s a remind for those with memory lapses:

Senator John McCain’s verdict on President Donald Trump’s performance at the summit in Helsinki was brutal, but just: “No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-07-16/trump-sides-with-putin-a-shocking-display-in-helsinki 

I laugh at those who think Putin wouldn't have done this if Trump was still president.  Yeah, Biden is far from brilliant, but who the hell kissed Putin's a$$ at every opportunity more than Trump??  I surely can't think of anyone.  If he had had his way Trump would have sent Putin military aid to help finish the job and then went against any of our traditional allies who might have put sanctions on Russia.  That's how Trump would have handled this for those who can't seem to figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Saw this in the news this am - no surprise here . NOBODY was weaker and more Incompetent In The foreign policy arena than Obama IMHO , save his Former VP , now the current Prez. Has Putin been emboldened by weak leadership in the White House? Would he have pulled this crap if The Stud President Trump was still running the show - I don’t think so !! 

Agree 100%.  Obama's weakness allowed Putin too take Crimea. He has been foaming at the mouth since for another weak president. Obama looks like a strong Regan compared too Biden. Add too it the debacle in Afghanistan where we hung our allies out to dry and Putin knew it was prime time. Putin also knew, the day Biden came into office and with the stroke of a pen gave away our energy independence that he once again had all the power.  You can't even make this stuff up, we are relying on an enemy.....scary times that keep getting scarier. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Exactly. And the fools that think this would have went down on Trumps watch are just that. Fools. First of all Trump had every country paying their fair share and second they all knew that Trumps ego would not have been able to handle it and there would be hell to pay. This idiot sending out 3000 troops to match Putin’s 150.000…. Trump would have called him and raised and raised him 100,000

33 minutes ago, Four Seasons said:

Exactly. And the fools that think this would have went down on Trumps watch are just that. Fools. First of all Trump had every country paying their fair share and second they all knew that Trumps ego would not have been able to handle it and there would be hell to pay. This idiot sending out 3000 troops to match Putin’s 150.000…. Trump would have called him and raised and raised him 100,000

It’s jarring (but borderline gratifying) to witness fragile men boast about idolizing a strongman fantasy. The tragedy of it makes it too sad to fully enjoy. 

Edited by Versatile_Hunter
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

I laugh at those who think Putin wouldn't have done this if Trump was still president.  Yeah, Biden is far from brilliant, but who the hell kissed Putin's a$$ at every opportunity more than Trump??  I surely can't think of anyone.  If he had had his way Trump would have sent Putin military aid to help finish the job and then went against any of our traditional allies who might have put sanctions on Russia.  That's how Trump would have handled this for those who can't seem to figure it out.

Except may be Obama, and now Biden, perhaps? Clapper seems to diagree , check out what he said on Communist News yesterday!! 

35 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

It’s jarring (but borderline gratifying) to witness fragile men boast about idolizing a strongman fantasy. The tragedy of it makes it too sad to fully enjoy. 

Some of us deal in fact. And the facts continue to show themselves stronger and stronger every day. But have no fear. Your savior Biden will be put out to pasture soon enough. And then a Republican can once again come back and fix his F-up’s.   History shows itself over and over again. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Yes, Trump’s inappropriate support for Putin over his own intelligence agencies certainly emboldened Putin and laid the groundwork for what we’re seeing today. Here’s a remind for those with memory lapses:

Senator John McCain’s verdict on President Donald Trump’s performance at the summit in Helsinki was brutal, but just: “No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-07-16/trump-sides-with-putin-a-shocking-display-in-helsinki 

If you want to be taken  seriously dont quoat a Bloomberg opinion  piece. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Four Seasons said:

Some of us deal in fact. And the facts continue to show themselves stronger and stronger every day. But have no fear. Your savior Biden will be put out to pasture soon enough. And then a Republican can once again come back and fix his F-up’s.   History shows itself over and over again. 

You’re almost landing on my point. I’ll hold your hand once more: You’re betraying your fragility by voicing a need for a “savior” and then choosing wannabe strongman trump to fill the role.  

3 hours ago, steve863 said:

Why didn’t Putin invade under Trump then? Why wait for Biden? Trump had sanctioned Russia and Biden removed them so who is kissing Putins a$$. Really having a hard time seeing it from your perspective as Putin could have and would have invaded under Trump if he thought it would be easier. 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

You’re almost landing on my point. I’ll hold your hand once more: You’re betraying your fragility by voicing a need for a “savior” and then choosing wannabe strongman trump to fill the role.  

We dont need a Savior. And Trump showed every country his cards and look what great things the American people had. Now we have you fools drooling over a guy that’s making your’s and everyone you know lives more difficult. Congrats on being part of that small crowd. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Four Seasons said:

You heard that Trump called putin genius for the way he is invading the Ukraine,  right? 

He just said it on some talk show. He has a crush on Putin,no wonder he looks so good shirt less.

Edited by BowmanMike