Is Putin emboldened by weak leadership and appeasement?

11 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I read this morning that Russia is claiming that they have control of the airspace, but as much as they have lied throughout, it's likely not true. I think the defense weapons the Ukrainians are getting sent are really putting a hurt on the Russians.

I hope so. Not sure why they didn't already have them.....

I think people are going to be studying Zelensky's and Ukraine's moves for years to come.

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-russia-pows-prisoners-identification-dead/31726619.html

As the Russian government remains silent about the number of losses it has incurred in its invasion of Ukraine, Kyiv is appealing directly to families of Russian soldiers to identify their relatives captured or killed in the four-day-old war.

The Ukrainian Interior Ministry issued the appeal on February 27, directing relatives of Russian soldiers to online platforms where they can search through photos and videos of Russian soldiers captured or killed by Ukrainian forces.

The initiative, called Ishchi Svoikh (Look For Your Own), appears aimed in part at undermining morale and support for the war in Russia, where officials and state media have refrained from disclosing details of Russian casualties and military assaults against Ukrainian cities, including the capital, Kyiv.

39 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Is she speaking Ukrainian or Russian?

My Ukrainian is weak but it sounds a little more Russian to me. It could be Surzhyk which is a colloquial mix of the two usually spoken in Ukraine.

This chart should clear it up:

English Ukrainian Russian Surzhyk
Cancel скасовувати отменять відміняти
Conjugate відміняти спрягать спрягати
Gentle лагідний ласковый ласкавий
Kind ласкавий добродушный добродушний

Or this popular game show from Russian TV - Uposcrabblenyk.

Edited by left field

Was just informed that China says it isn't backing Putin monetarily in this latest adventure, but what happens behind closed doors is another story.

Hopefully for the Ukraine it's true, as the rest of the industrialized countries are putting Russia in a bind that might put Russians at odds with Putin and his decision to invade. 

Maybe , but I don’t think it lasted due to the pandemic and the change In leadership . Saw a couple sources now that both said accdg to their metric of analysis , we were under Trump but idk . You know , the thing is is that BOTH sides will cherry pick stats to advance a narrative , which is frustrating- I’ve seen that for years . Best thing you can do is look around you and , take in as much info as possible from a myriad of different sources to try to make a assessment as to what the hell is goin on. For me , it’s quite simple : under Trump , economy was good , gas was cheap ; u see Biden, economy sucks , gas prices are high and are rising ever further . NOONE can deny this - therefore , things were much better under Trump than Biden . 

Look at this,

Look at the end of Obama, was the economy trending up before he left office? Yes

Were gas prices trending down? Yes

Trumps last year in office which way did the economy trend ?

What way were gas prices headed.

A big ship is slow to steer. Did Trump leave us in a better place than he found us. I’d say it’s a pretty simple answer of NO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing i will say that I wasn't expecting. This isn't looking good for Putin. I thought he would roll through Ukraine the way we rolled to Bagdad.  I am happily shocked at his lack of progress.....

100% you can’t help but love the Ukrainian people they get much respect from me.

Photo edited so I don’t get banned

9e900c03b5deec3b2365231b31e036f7.jpg

• Like 1

I heard the China news from Bill O' Reilly.

I'll be having tea with one of my good friends that has family in several branches of the armed forces of Poland and Ukraine.

Going to do some chatting with one of them in an hour, if a line of communication is available.

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Look at this,

Look at the end of Obama, was the economy trending up before he left office? Yes

A big ship is slow to steer. Did Trump leave us in a better place than he found us. I’d say it’s a pretty simple answer of NO

For someone that doesn't like Trump, you sure can't stop from bringing him up.

2 minutes ago, Chef said:

Look at this,

He nominated and seated three conservative Supreme Court justices, which in itself was well worth the price of admission.  That should help end the abortion Holocaust, which has snuffed out more innocent lives in this country, than the Nazis did in WW2.

Gas prices and the economy  don’t mean a thing in comparison.  

• Haha 1

I heard the China news from Bill O' Reilly.
I'll be having tea with one of my good friends that has family in several branches of the armed forces of Poland and Ukraine.
Going to do some chatting with one of them in an hour, if a line of communication is available.
For someone that doesn't like Trump, you sure can't stop from bringing him up.

I believe I quoted someone’s post who brought him up

And after talking with some of my friends overseas, not all are falling over themselves in support of Zelensky and his fellow leaders in Ukraine.

They don't like Putin at all, but told me that Zelensky poked the Russian bear one to many times and the bear had enough.

8 minutes ago, Chef said:

Look at this,

No, youre wrong Chef; you have to look at big picture . Accdg to Energy statisticians, we were energy independent under Trump, and we hadnt beeen for years . Like I said to Phade when he posted that link youre referring to, thats just RUSSIAN oil imports and we werte still trending down with that too- under Obama some too, youre, but also Trump. again , IDK if we TRULY were energy indepedent under the stud , but thats what the stats say!! 

in terms of-at the very least- being better off energy wise, its very clear- a resounding YUP!!! :)

12 minutes ago, Chef said:

Look at this,

You would. And again you would be clueless. The numbers alone tell the full truth of what Trump accomplished that Obama didn’t. That’s like saying that Biden shutting down our oil didn’t make us a weaker country. Clueless. 

No, youre wrong Chef; you have to look at big picture . Accdg to Energy statisticians, we were energy independent under Trump, and we hadnt beeen for years . Like I said to Phade when he posted that link youre referring to, thats just RUSSIAN oil imports and we werte still trending down with that too- under Obama some too, youre, but also Trump. again , IDK if we TRULY were energy indepedent under the stud , but thats what the stats say!! 
in terms of-at the very least- being better off energy wise, its very clear- a resounding YUP!!!

I am wrong? The economy wasn’t trending up when Trump took office and gas prices weren’t trending down?

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

I am wrong? The economy wasn’t trending up when Trump took office and gas prices weren’t trending down?

Yes, but got even better under Trump-WAY better.  You said things got worse under Trump which is the exact opposite of what happened- and what economic metrics indicated.

3 minutes ago, Chef said:

The last 2 months of Obama's presidency the economy took an upturn as I recall, after Trump was anounced the winner.

As Trump apologist desperately try to rewrite history, let's not forget who Ukraine's leader is. This comedian has grown into the job of president in a way that our own clown in chief never could. While some reimagine a world where Trump remained in power, let's recall the role that Trump played in his interactions with Ukraine as the leader of the free world:

Trump praises Zelensky as a 'brave man' two years after he tried to extort him for political dirt on Biden

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-cpac-speech-zelensky-ukraine-b2024200.html

2 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

As Trump apologist desperately try to rewrite history, let's not forget who Ukraine's leader is. This comedian has grown into the job of president in a way that our own clown in chief never could. While some reimagine a world where Trump remained in power, let's recall the role that Trump played in his interactions with Ukraine as the leader of the free world:

Trump praises Zelensky as a 'brave man' two years after he tried to extort him for political dirt on Biden

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-cpac-speech-zelensky-ukraine-b2024200.html

Lets not forget who's watch this current disaster is occurring under. One disaster after another.