Live From The Woods 2022 Turkey Edition

fasteddie

2 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Last years bird was 24-25, my biggest ever. I know the scale is a POS but it weighs a 45lb plate accurately

Now I’m suspicious, did Moog , leave that plate there ?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

Biggest I’ve shot (that I recall) was my very first bird.  Shot it in Greenwood NY in 1981 with my buddy Al.  

We went into the local grocery store (Red & White maybe?) in Either Greenwood, Canisteo or Hornell and asked if they’d let us weigh the bird.   They said absolutely!!

Ran out to the truck and flopped it onto the deli scale.  23lbs and a couple ounces.   

They aren’t the easiest things to weigh.  Regular postage type scales don’t work well and I don’t trust the old fishing scales.    

What scale did you use Cynthia??

I weight myself on the my home scale . The did it again holding the turkey . Then subtracted my weight  came to 26.1

• Like 6

I was out yesterday for the first time this year. Heard some gobbles, saw 5 deer and it was a beautiful morning. Other than dealing with DEC because they got a call that people were in the woods, all in Camo and carrying guns! He was a nice guy and seemed annoyed at the call. All was good accept my back tag was still on my backpack from deer season and i didn't have it with me. He didn't give me a ticket which i thanked him for cause i deserved it...

Congrats Bill and Cynthia and the rest of you guys that scored!

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

That’s why you’ve only hunted turkey one day this year?  The agony of defeat would be too much to deal with…….

:)

I didn't say Tom vs. Turkey. I just said Tom/Me always wins. Today it was Tom (maskless) vs. Metro North and Tom won.

• Haha 1

Tapped out at 11:45. Had the most action so far this year. Second  pic I was down below walking to pull cam card. I spotted a periscope creating over the rise of first pic. Same spot I tried to spot and stalk Tom Monday last week. Couple geese hang out there but gave it a whirl to find out. Only saw top of birds head for a second. Using terrain to my advantage I slowly marched uphill.  Ok , where’d this thing go ? Then hen  at 15’ bedded down in this thick grass flushed scaring me to death lol.  Never saw her til she ran and took wing. Another hen 100 yards away did the same. Where I sat today in gully is where birds seen to always come through. Year after year. Back at Saturday. Until then I’ll live the woods through you guys. 

7B4AED25-2DF2-4A84-9B74-3AA149829DDE.jpeg

A7FBB7CC-9898-406C-9F47-AAC28D8365E3.jpeg

93A02499-B78E-4696-B886-48FB406E26D3.jpeg

Edited by turkeyfeathers
  • Like 2