When Nature Calls

Elmo

My thought is that if the deer can detect the difference between buck pee and doe pee; and regular doe pee and doe-in-heat pee, etc. etc.- they can probably tell the difference between deer pee and mine. Just my theory though. I've heard of plenty of guys who pee in scrapes and say it works great.

When bowhunting, I generally hold it as long as I can since I'm only in for 2.5-3 hours, usually.

If I'm sitting longer, I'll let er rip.........

Gun hunting, I'm really in it just for fun and have no problem doing ANYTHING (if you know what I mean) within 30 yards of my stand.

Jeez, don't let the Bone Collector crew know that..........................................

I've always had mixed thoughts on this one. During bow I'm a little more paranoid so I use a bottle. Gun season I do the 20 foot waterfall. But.. one of the best deer I ever took ( with a shot gun) was about 15 mins. after I hydrofraced half the bark off the side of the tree I was standing against. The buck walked straight at me with the wind blowing right at him. He got to about 40 yards and never spooked. So who knows?? I hear about guys wizzing in scrapes all the time.

Just toss it over the edge. It won't spook deer. I whiz in my mock scrapes every year!

I did that too two years ago. Had my 9 yo boy pee in a mock scrape and used store bought Pee and put it into another scrape. Set up two cameras. I never thought the deer would go to the one with human pee over the other. Go figure!

Charlie Alshiemer did a study on this a while back and found that you can pee away.. it breaks down so quickly in the soil that in a few minutes it has the same properties left as if any animal peed in the same spot. Keeping it in a bottle doesn't allow the properties to be absorbed like it is in the soil and actually can be detected much easier by a passing buck, especially that little bit that never seems to make it entirely in the bottle..lol

Charlie Alshiemer did a study on this a while back and found that you can pee away.. it breaks down so quickly in the soil that in a few minutes it has the same properties left as if any animal peed in the same spot. Keeping it in a bottle doesn't allow the properties to be absorbed like it is in the soil and actually can be detected much easier by a passing buck, especially that little bit that never seems to make it entirely in the bottle..lol

Cool i would like to read that.

I used to cary a bottle. Now i just let it rip.

I have had luck peeing in scrapes and a archery shop owner that i know has had deer come up and lick the spots where he peed off his stand.