Since deer season is over...

chiefbkt

What is everyone's plan(s) for the winter now that deer season is over? I personally am going to try to do some small game/predator hunting with my bow. I'm also in the works of setting up my own 3-D archery range inside my barn. With strategically placed decoys and targets, I will be able to shoot from 10 to 50 yards inside, all winter long! My wife couldn't quite figure out what I would want to do that for, but then again when she goes "hunting" she brings a book with her...haha. Also just ordered a new string for my bow from Brad Patsy at 60X. Can't wait to get her on and start shooting again. Should be a good off season.

Hey chiefbkt Greg's archery in Moravia has an indoor league that starts first week in January on Thursday at 7:00 for 13 weeks. cost $10 a week but you need a partner. Also if you can not shoot on Thursday that week you can make it up on Sat. or Sundays. phone # 497-3356 Greg's

Will do some small game hunting for sure but now that big game is over its back to playing with the off road toys. Between riding, racing and rebuilding some 3 wheelers i will keep pretty busy. Can't wait for the ponds to freeze over too for some ice racing.

try to find some sheds, small game hunt with my recurve, scout for public ground for next year, maybe a couple indoor leagues (vegas or traditional gear and technohunt), predator hunting (most likely with a gun though). then in the summer... 3D league with my hunting bow (hopefully i can win the league this time around), lots of woodchuck slaying on my parent's farm, throw in a little fishing too, etc etc... everyday life stuff..... etc etc.

Hey chiefbkt Greg's archery in Moravia has an indoor league that starts first week in January on Thursday at 7:00 for 13 weeks. cost $10 a week but you need a partner. Also if you can not shoot on Thursday that week you can make it up on Sat. or Sundays. phone # 497-3356 Greg's

I would love to join a 3-D league but with mine and my wife's work schedule on top of the kids basketball games it would be tough. That's the main reason for setting something up in my barn. This way I can get over a couple times a week and shoot.

Bird hunting with the GSP and scouting new property for next archery season. Trail cams will be going up for a month to see what makes it through. Taking down stands, experimenting with BH209 for better groups with the mzldr. Purchase nice scope for .17 and get my soon to be 9 yr old daughter ready for PA mentor deer season next yr. Cant wait - If you ever have a chance to take a kid hunting do it - Pay it forward