Carry permits, jokes on you suckers !

Recertification done , don't agree with it but its done now . Have to wait and see on the shooting exam for ccw permit. 
I'd have to go back and read it but I think we might have to recertify within a year AFTER September when law comes into effect. Then do it again 3 yrs after versus 5 that it was before.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Trad bow said:

Anyone have any factual information on this ?

That last part I think is why chatter has come to an end on this. There is still no factual information out there for anyone to go off of. The few times Hochul has been asked about it she failed to give details.

Last I heard there was at least 3 different law suites in place and at least one Judge that is/will be putting a stay/hold on the law before September 1st.  

• Like 3

On 8/11/2022 at 12:26 PM, Moho81 said:

That last part I think is why chatter has come to an end on this. There is still no factual information out there for anyone to go off of. The few times Hochul has been asked about it she failed to give details.

Last I heard there was at least 3 different law suites in place and at least one Judge that is/will be putting a stay/hold on the law before September 1st.  

this. this right here. Even the sheriff's associations are putting out info that they have no idea how to enforce and how opposed they are (not necessarily to the law, but with the lack of input they've had in the law). It's also their way of saying to stop calling them because they don't know either lol. 

• Like 1

It would warm my heart if the judge deems which portions are unconstitutional and then in the opinion warns that if unconstitutional laws within this same frame work are passes and brought to the Supreme Court for a third time within such vague time frame that it would be his recommendation for SCOTUS to hold sponsors of the bills and the governor in contempt of court. I mean all other states with similar laws that were affected respected the SCOTUS ruling but NYS is intentionally being spiteful. Governor even said so.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

• Like 8

On 6/29/2022 at 8:24 PM, GreeneHunter said:

Just curious .... when applying in those states residency is not a requirement ?

I believe that they all offer non-resident permits. I know that PA does; I have one. 

Need to be careful when it comes to reciprocity. Some states will only recognize a resident permit from the permit-granting state for purposes of reciprocity. Some states will recognize non-resident permits. Make a careless mistake and it could cost you dearly.

On 8/10/2022 at 7:19 PM, Nomad said:

You’re recert is done for now, in three years you’ll have to go through the entire process that a person applying for the first time does , that’s when the 16 hour class, two hour live fire and written test comes into play .

Most guys here don’t care as they think it doesn’t effect them lol . I bought a semi auto rifle two days ago, because of the Sept first deadline . Ammo wise idk the system won’t be in place that’s for sure ,will that stop sales idk that either . If It does I ve got tons of hunting ammo I’ll let go come Oct for $4 Or $5 a bullet , 20 round minimum. Because you know few stocked up , just like every other time ……it’s sad .

So because your state passes bad laws you wanna stick it to fellow hunters by charging them 4 or 5 dollars a round. Nice. Not that it matters your misguided revenge scheme won't bring you many customers 

13 minutes ago, Gobbler Chaser said:

So because your state passes bad laws you wanna stick it to fellow hunters by charging them 4 or 5 dollars a round. Nice. Not that it matters your misguided revenge scheme won't bring you many customers 

Lol , kidding ….. as well as pointing out that some guys never learn and stock up , which absolutely stuns me , to be frank .

There’s  a fair number of members here I’ve bought ammo for ,as I have a source that has been well stocked all though the shortage . I’ve also sent guys for free,  knives, broadheads, like new Lacrosse boots, one guy I sent at my cost boxes of old ammo as he collects it , yesterday I went shopping for reduced recoil 308 for a member who’s son can only tolerate that load . 

off to work on my next misguided revenge scheme 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Belo said:

if you're a cubs fan, I now understand you more. 

You don’t go to the baseball thread I take it . St Louis Cardinals since ‘67 when I watched the World Series with my grandfather after school . We go to Pitts every year when cards are in town , and occasionally St Louis ,we were there a few years back when they locked up first place beating the cubs in the last series of the year .

1A77C1E7-9700-4460-B6CD-D29EB17FB138.jpeg

CA8E6FE4-DDFE-4E62-8B95-F87BDEBE0128.jpeg

• Like 4

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul says that gun background checks will look to see if people are “espousing philosophies that indicate they have been radicalized”

“I’ve called upon and am working closely with our Attorney General to identify what’s going on in social media. And those questions are now part of our background checks. Just like in the old days you could talk to someone’s neighbor, now you can talk to their neighbors online to find whether or not this person has been espousing philosophies that indicate they have been radicalized.”

AWR Hawkins, “Kathy Hochul: Talking to Your ‘Neighbors Online’ Now Part of Firearm Background Check,” Breitbart, August 24, 2022.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul says that gun background checks will look to see if people are “espousing philosophies that indicate they have been radicalized” (crimeresearch.org)

At The Federalist: New York Defies Supreme Court With Unconstitutional Gun Permit Laws

Aug 22, 2022 | op-ed

Dr. John Lott has a new piece up at The Federalist on New York defying the Supreme Court decision in Bruen.

By requiring that gun license applicants have “good moral character,” New York is still acting in defiance of June’s Supreme Court decisionNew York State Rifle and Pistol Association, Inc. v. Bruen. In a new court filing last week, New York Attorney General Letitia James claims that without these requirements, there would be an “entirely predictable chaos.” 

In the rest of the U.S., 10 percent of adults have permits. People in most states don’t think twice about being surrounded by citizens carrying in movie theaters, restaurants, malls, and stores. In Pennsylvania, more than 14 percent of adults have permits. In Connecticut, it is 10 percent. In Vermont, no permit is needed. But most New Yorkers don’t fear for their lives when they cross their border with Pennsylvania, Connecticut, or Vermont.

At The Federalist: New York Defies Supreme Court With Unconstitutional Gun Permit Laws (crimeresearch.org)

Edited by Grouse

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

At The Federalist: New York Defies Supreme Court With Unconstitutional Gun Permit Laws

Aug 22, 2022 | op-ed

Dr. John Lott has a new piece up at The Federalist on New York defying the Supreme Court decision in Bruen.

By requiring that gun license applicants have “good moral character,” New York is still acting in defiance of June’s Supreme Court decisionNew York State Rifle and Pistol Association, Inc. v. Bruen. In a new court filing last week, New York Attorney General Letitia James claims that without these requirements, there would be an “entirely predictable chaos.” 

In the rest of the U.S., 10 percent of adults have permits. People in most states don’t think twice about being surrounded by citizens carrying in movie theaters, restaurants, malls, and stores. In Pennsylvania, more than 14 percent of adults have permits. In Connecticut, it is 10 percent. In Vermont, no permit is needed. But most New Yorkers don’t fear for their lives when they cross their border with Pennsylvania, Connecticut, or Vermont.

At The Federalist: New York Defies Supreme Court With Unconstitutional Gun Permit Laws (crimeresearch.org)

What would that entirely predictable chaos look like?  Criminals (some now legally carrying) shooting other criminals?  This is already happening.  Criminals (some now legally carrying) shooting law abiding citizens?  This is already happening.  Law abiding citizens (now legally carrying) shooting criminals?  This is already happening.  Law abiding citizens (now legally carrying) shooting other law abiding citizens?  This already happens rarely; and not chaos.   The facts and statistics do not support CHAOS.

On 8/23/2022 at 11:02 PM, Nomad said:

One step in the right direction, still a few days for the injunction,on the rest .

82F6E8A5-A435-464B-96D8-41557B04D592.png

I was camping up in Fort Anne and several people were talking about it.

But I can't find it on line to confirm it 

On 6/29/2022 at 8:14 PM, Nomad said:

Nope . There are non resident permits ,but mine don’t say non resident ,I don’t question that. They are good in those states, and honored in last I knew 38 other states,which is why travelers like myself get them .

The free states just see if your a good guy and give you a permit . Weird ha .

I've got ny & Montana ccu   

My Montana,permit is recognized in 38+ states 

Edited by TLR
Word correction
  • Like 1