Posters no longer here...

phade

Seems like this forum finally has enough age on it that some members who use to post here often, don't.

I should state this thread is not about re-hasing reasons/drama why they are no longer here. Shucks, for some it just may be moved away, moved on, or work more, etc.

The two I recall that don't post or haven't been on in a while are Bubba and Dave6x6.

I know a few butted heads with Bubba, but his MZ knowledge was very useful. Same went for Dave and management perspective.

Anyone else no longer posting that used to be a contributor?

skillet doesnt come by as often anymore, though I have PMed back and forth here and there with him. I do miss Dave6x6 being around here.

Its pretty standard fare for any forum site like this though, people come and go as the site evolves. Its still a pretty young site though. Im sure the active membership will change many times over in the future.

I miss Steve 863..... Bubba also helped to keep things interesting, whether you loved him or hated him...I was truly sorry to see him stop posting..

In my humble, not too intelligent opinion, one of the functions of a forum like this is to provide ENTERTAINMENT for a bunch of folks who share mutual interests, such as hunting , fishing and the outdoors in general..

Sometimes good folks tend to take it a little too SERIOUSLY.....

• Like 1

Yea, there is a lull in the action now.  Sure, a few of the old geezers fish <grin> and a few guys are starting to get ready by tuning their bows etc but for the most part guys are just doing family stuff and recouping after a HARD turkey season (ME!) before the night time temps start to dip and the leaves start to change and it's time time start thinking RUT!!

• Like 1

Had Dave6x6's cell number as he hunts the farm on the north boarder of the farm I hunt.

Just looked for it ,but its not there......

When I spoke with him at the end of the season meeting of local farms/ hunters at that point he was taking a break from the forums.

Edited by Larry302

I didn't get the pleasure of being around long before Bubba got fed up with this site and vowed to call it quits. But he definitely is a man of his words and haven't seen him back since. He's one I wouldn't mind going back on his words though.

the site usually gets like this around this time... a lot going on, graduations, work so on. things usually pick up when trail cams start running and right before the kick off of the season things get into full swing.

bubba was ok by me, i know he butted heads with a few but he was a pretty intelligent member...

all site have their slow times, as far as member who may be MIA, they will be back im sure. hard to stay away when deer season is here. 

I read way more than I post. That said, I read a lot of Bubba's threads on here and on Greybeard forums I think. He does have a lot of knowledge on muzzle loading.

I'll say this, don't get actually mad at someone's posts/response. There are jackwagons that will try to just get a rise out of ya. Does not pay, why bother. I like this site because some here are way more knowledgeable than me, and will try to steer you in the right direction. And that is (for me) people who frequent the QDM Land forum.

There a few other members that pop in like someone has said. If you have a specific question on a topic why not send that person a pm or just send a pm just to check in with them? Think i am going to, there are a few  more names  i have thought of now that i am awake