Arrow question

fasteddie

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 for me  and I was worried it was over kill and unnecessary. But I always figure "reserves" for murphy's. My quiver holds 3 in front and 3 in back with field points but only 4 with broad heads, so I keep 3 new arrows and heads in front and the arrow that took my first bow kill last season in back ( idk I'm strange like that, you should have met me in my high school football days)

Well, my quiver holds 6 arrows so I carry 6 which in all honesty is probably 6 too many!  ;)    When others ask me why I carry so many I tell them that my bow is a semi-auto and that I typically fill the air with arrows when I see a deer. 8)  Just trying to keep my "brown and it's down" reputation in tact!

I always carry 4 with broad heads and then I have one with a Judo point on it.  So that would be five total  I have shot two arrows out of my quiver and missed both time do to a twig that i didn't see then a rush shot.  I like to have back up so you don't have to get down.  That Judo comes in handy when a rabbit or grouse walks by.  Or if you have one of those pesky squirrel that wont shut up.  They always make a good dinner.

three i have three rage b'heads[ came three to the pack]. but when i gun hunt i carry three rounds cause that what my dad told me to carry when i was a kid

I carry 4.

TommyC...3 rounds of ammo while gun hunting? Are you kidding me...lol I have had to help in some long tracking jobs to finish off on a poor shot...3 never cuts it in those situations. Rifle...5 in the gun....9 in the stock sleeve and 10 in the back pack. ---muzzleloader....loaded...5 speed loaders....components for 5 more shots. hey....hunts can last a long time and you never know when WW3 might break out while we are away from civilization...lol

I carry three.  Why?? ..... Because they come in three-packs. ;D  I dedicate three broadheads to practice. I keep three broadheads in the package on the shop wall peg-board as spares. I use three broadheads to equip my hunting arrows. I hope I never get into a situation where I need more than three arrows ........ but then, you never know. :D

Doc