Scumbag thieves

greg54

So I finally went out this afternoon to my sisters property, and sensed something wrong as I was headed into woods to my spot. I notice one of my cams was no longer there, and it was only 15 yards behind the posted sign. So I decide I better go check the other ones I had up and sure enough 3 more were gone. They even cut the tree I had one of the cams cable locked to. Ruined my day for sure. Its been reported to the sheriffs dept, and all I can say whoever you are that took them that you are the scum of the earth. A dirtbag, plain and simple. Why don't you get a job and buy your own camera and leave other peoples property alone and stay off the property, you didn't have permission. Your a scumbag.

post-2675-0-90630700-1380851778_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Have you had trespassers on camera before? They went out prepared with a saw. That is terrible

Just had a guy on atv in springtime picture of his backside. Right now the corn goes from behind the house all the way back to the 15 acres of woods. Until they cut the corn you cant see anything or anybody from the house back to the woods. I'm already planning to try catch them on other cams.

Sorry to hear but I know the feeling. Got to.my house upstate tonight and the lights were on and door was open. Somebody broke in and stole about 3000 worth of stuff from my house. 3 bows a full tool chest my brand new treestand and climbing sticks and all of mine and my brothers fishing stuff. They also stole all of my older brothers hunting clothes. FCKN scumbags. The police were here to fill out a report but I'm about 99% sure they will never find out who did it. All I can say is I really hope they find out before I do. I hope you find the thieves and they get what They deserve.

Edited by mbucks27

Yup! I have been a victim of thievery, so I know exactly how it feels. It's been a year since I lost my Cuddeback, and it still bugs me. And more recently I had one of my "Repeal the Safe Act" signs stolen. I'm not sure why people are like that.

Regarding cameras, I still don't understand why they can't encode some password software into the card so that only the owner with the original paperwork could operate them. It seems like a cheap enough thing to do and it should be effective in stemming some of the thefts. I know of several people who have just simply stopped using cameras because of theft losses. That has to be cutting into sales a bit. It seems like the camera industry might have some interest in making this thievery a little less useful for the thieves.

Yup! I have been a victim of thievery, so I know exactly how it feels. It's been a year since I lost my Cuddeback, and it still bugs me. And more recently I had one of my "Repeal the Safe Act" signs stolen. I'm not sure why people are like that.

Regarding cameras, I still don't understand why they can't encode some password software into the card so that only the owner with the original paperwork could operate them. It seems like a cheap enough thing to do and it should be effective in stemming some of the thefts. I know of several people who have just simply stopped using cameras because of theft losses. That has to be cutting into sales a bit. It seems like the camera industry might have some interest in making this thievery a little less useful for the thieves.

The camera industry doesn't care that the cameras are stolen, most of us just go out and purchase a replacement. as for the original post ; I FEEL YOUR PAIN , had my garage broken into all my tools stolen (7K) while I slept.! Also this guy tried to steal my camera, fortunately he had the wrong screwdriver with him.

Sorry to hear that...it would drive me crazy to see a tree cut for a cam. Ballsy.

Is the property well posted?

Doc - most mid/upper level commerical cams have password protection option. Most people don't use it in my experience.

doesn't hurt to ask around. I had my car broken into and all my fishing stuff, camera, ipod etc stolen 2 years ago and I know exactly who did it (some thief who lives 2 miles down the road and has been in an out of rehad for heroin). I found out just by mentioning it to my neighbors as I saw them. Sucks I have no proof though.

In your case, seems like they went to steal stuff as they carried a saw with them. I would guess neighbors who had previously trespassed on your property. How did they know where all 4 cameras were?

Edited by blackradio

They are bottom feeders we had a $6000 racing 4wheeler stolen 2years ago right out of thr garage less then 60 feet from the house on a night i didnt park the trucks in the driveway so you tell me hummm some one was keeping an eye on it we did get it back after they stripped the motor and tranny off got a bustted a$$ one back had to rebuild every thing and no one was charged found out just a few months later it was a local deputy sheirffs kid the trooper that investgated did the father a favor so my three boys went for a ride one night to a local young people party site and hung out guess who showed up on is (newly rebuilt wheeler) any ways some redneck justice got  done and the fines were worth every penny....  Keep in mind SCUM BAGS BRAG ABOUT THE STUFF THEY DO THERE OWN MOUTH WILL GIVE THEM UP MOST TIMES  talk to the younger folks and they will find out who the theifs are        sorry for your loss  

alot of the cams do have a passcode option, you just have to enable it. That new Covert you have has it. Look through the menus.

First, keep an eye on all your local craigslistings.  Two hit the local bars with word of a reward.  Our theives were selling our stuff around town for meth money.  Lastly, go to ebay and buy a $10 parts camera.  Stick it where they can see it and post a camera from the tree tops down on it.  I forget who, but one company makes a camera where you can change the angle it shoots.