Finally got it done Wednesday morning

Burden24

After the count had climbed to 17 1.5-2.5 yr old bucks I had passed this Archery season it was beginning to set in that I wasn't going to get a shot this year at a mature one. It was my last morning to hunt after all, but I was fine with it, I would rather eat a tag then not give them a chance to develop. Well I was rewarded for my patience around 8 am Wednesday morning it was 21 degrees with a little snow on the ground and this guy came to me in my pinch point stand. It was going to be a 30 yd shot but at the last second he turned and came directly toward me, I couldn't believe it. I came to full draw and he had come in to 10 yds broadside at this point. I released and sent a rocket steelhead through both lungs. He took off went 30-40 yds and did the oh crap dance and it was over. He's not the monster I had been after all season, but I couldn't be happier with him.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

post-1616-13845289214001_thumb.jpg

post-1616-13845289964257_thumb.jpg

post-1616-13845290068053_thumb.jpg

post-1616-13845293087949_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks guys!! This is the guy I had been after all season.... I saw him once last Saturday morning but couldn't get him stopped when he was chasing a doe at 30 yds. Thinking they are from the same gene pool judging by the tines. I know he is a couple years older though. He has been a ghost only moving a night for the last few years. Was surprised I even saw him last Saturday during daylight!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

post-1616-13845310111334_thumb.jpg