Fantasy hunting league

Nomad

Last years was fun ,and although the seasons started , perhaps we could come up with one that starts idk maybe Oct 15 or so ? What are your thoughts ? Mine are for simplicity we pick a set number of hunters that we retain for the season , start date till end of ML ?

id also like guys to be able to pick themselves, plus idk 5 others ? 

Points , 1 for doe, one for a buck plus his antler points , seems off to me, I don’t think a 1 1/2 8pt is worth 9 doe , 3 for a doe 1 for a buck plus antler points ?

Maybe start with a list of guys willing to be picked ? So we know they’ll post their kills 

Just random thoughts , please share yours , I know zero about fantasy sports or how it’s done , help !

• Like 3

Count me in! 

I think the easier this is to coordinate and manage, the better. 

Thoughts to consider:

for the points.. I like the idea of 2 or 3 for a doe, then 1+pts for a buck.. a doe and a spike would count the same in that case.. maybe deer total +1 if taken with a bow. The added challenge is worth an extra pt? 

for the season.. could start 10/15 through the end of the season.

A few more thoughts to work through..

For those playing along, is there anything we can come up with as a prize? On that note, how do we settle ties?

Are we keeping the same "team" all season? with total points adding up at the end.. Or are we picking who we play on any given week?

4 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I liked the points system based on kills better. Why bother with picks every week? Whomever racks up the most wins. 

Ya I wouldn’t do weekly picks, a set number plus yourself and it runs the season . Idk its difficult, some hunters crush deer every year , we’d all pick the same few guys , weekly does eliminate that, but it’s much more work . 

im at a loss 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

Ya I wouldn’t do weekly picks, a set number plus yourself and it runs the season . Idk its difficult, some hunters crush deer every year , we’d all pick the same few guys , weekly does eliminate that, but it’s much more work . 

im at a loss 

Agreed, weekly picks gets tough to coordinate and or remember who is hunting when.

6 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I am on another site and they do 5 points for a doe and a buck is also 5 plus one for each antler point. That seems pretty good. Weekly picks would be hard for whoever runs the contest. 

I am in for whatever.

Chef’s new site, ALREADY?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sounds interesting. Weekly picks and people lose interest I believe. Or life makes them miss a week and some are not on this site every day. Teams maybe drawn out of a hat for all the interested parties would be cool. Prizes would be tough for a team unless everyone agreed on a “Team Leader” and they got the prize for picking the best team. I would donate a set of cut off antlers in the 200in range if a prize list is set up. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Chef said:

I did the regional thing a few years ago and it was easy and kind of a team environment, we could even include past kills for the season in that if people wanted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I remember that , thanks. I’m open to suggestions and wasn’t really planning on doing something myself , but would if necessary. 

That regional one maybe the way to go this late .

just a fun diversion 

big thanks to Rob for last years , that was work it seemed 

• Like 2

Headed in. First sit in this small partial. 50 degrees . 6 mph south wind which is good here. Blows my scent into a giant horse farm as I sit in a funnel. Good luck all. 

Your in the wrong place....I mean your post! Your hunting spot sounds right however

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1