Favorite Hang On Stands

Hardcore

Just looking for thoughts and opinions on favorite  hang on stands.

I have used quite a few hang on stands over the years. I am very partial to the Muddy Outfitter these days, rock solid when in the tree, seat as comfortable as I've used, good seat height and platform size.

Contemplating another stand and comfort is paramount as well as ease of hanging.

Rating a hang on the same is tough.

LW for mobility and silence. It's a killing kind of stand. Don't fool yourself, it's not super comfy. Comfy would be a Millenium or some other heavy, less mobile hang-on with arm rests, etc.

Hang-ons are a category you can't simply lump together to judge.

I have a couple in the shed. Plastic base with the chain that goes around. Folding cloth seat that usually gets eaten by mice! 

Every so often they make it back into the woods.

I have a couple in the shed. Plastic base with the chain that goes around. Folding cloth seat that usually gets eaten by mice! 

I used Loc On LEMs & Spirits for 20ish yrs...loved them....light and too easy to hang...but these days I am shooting for more platform size, seat height and COMFORT.

I ve used Big Game, Ameristep, Warren & Sweat, few different el cheapo models & the Muddy Outfitter

I love the MUDDY...so odds are I go for another, I know a lot of people are crazy about the Lone Wolf but other than the price, i dont see the seat being that comfortable. Millennium is another hot one but  the Muddy has the bigger platform so my hand tips to the MUDDY.

• Like 1

Well I really like my old silent hunter. Steel,chain on , weights a ton,seat swivels and flips up. No cables which I love. Made in America by Americans out of steel and welds.

I do not like hanging it as I get older,it's a bear to hang.

The cheap stands with the thin cables and little crimpy things kind of worry me, yet I have a few.....

I've been toying with replacing the cables with a steel band.

Edited by Larry302

YUP! I have replaced the seat twice, over the years and the sides of the plastic base have mice/squirrel gnaw marks all around it LOL!!

Well I really like my old silent hunter. Steel,chain on , weights a ton,seat swivels and flips up. No cables which I love. Made in America by Americans out of steel and welds.

I do not like hanging it as I get older,it's a bear to hang.

The cheap stands with the thin cables and little crimpy things kind of worry me, yet I have a few.....

I've been toying with replacing the cables with a steel band.

Good idea Larry.  Then no worries about cables rusting inside of the plastic coating.  I may have to do that,

I used hangons and climbers for 30 years and somehow managed to avoid having a gravity attack.

Quit using them a few years back, while I was ahead of the game..All I get into now are ladder stands, or, better yet, enclosed, heated elevated blinds...<<grin>>...

• 2 weeks later...

Screaming Eagle

I have 2 Screaming Eagle stands myself. (They have seen some years now) One thing about those stands is the chains, I picked up some black "rubber-dip" and completely did the chains up with it. really cuts down on the noise factor when setting up. Years a go, it was first owned by a guy called Paul Brunner(?), guess he ended up selling his business due to his wife's poor health at that time. A guy who was building those stands must of bought the rights from Paul and was selling them for a couple of years before finally going out of business? I always liked their ad showing a actual Voltswagon being suspended from that stand with a come-a-long!!! Now that stand can hold some weight!!! LOL