What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

5 hours ago, Pygmy said:

I used to go froggin' when I was a mere wisp of a lad, and they were always wonderful...I haven't had in years...

Then a couple of years ago at a little restaurant on the north shore of Oneida Lake I saw them on the menu...

I asked the waitress about them and she said " OH , they're to DIE for !! "

Well, I ordered them and she was RIGHT...If I ever had to eat them again I'd SHOOT myself  !"

They were downright awful....

I can bet you they weren't cooked right. I soak in buttermilk overnight. Then I put mine in salt pepper flour and old bay seasoning and deep fry. Also serve with a tonion sauce like they serve with a blooming onion. They taste just like chicken. Always a hit at get togethers.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

I can bet you they weren't cooked right. I soak in buttermilk overnight. Then I put mine in salt pepper flour and old bay seasoning and deep fry. Also serve with a tonion sauce like they serve with a blooming onion. They taste just like chicken. Always a hit at get togethers.

I just   dust them them in flour, salt& pepper and sautee in butter until golden brown...

They taste MUCH better than chicken....  I think the ones I had in the restaurant may have been sitting in the freezer for a couple of years..  Besides that they were probably some imported Indonesian frog legs rather than good old fashioned American bull frog or green frog legs...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Venison cube steak sammich with lots of black pepper and Swiss cheese for lunch. 517a590816eb3856f2a8714efbb57b53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats just mean!  make me drool like this.  I just started a serious diet to lose 30 pounds by oct 1.  I had a half of a tuna and lettuce wrap and this ^^^^ vision appeared.......

looks damn good . If you had put that on a crusty bread with shrooms i prob wouldve called in to work and been heading west! 

• Like 1

ELMO - were you on 42/6th around 1220pm today? I think I saw you
[mention=789]elmo[/mention]

Can’t be. I was flying over the Atlantic at that time. But normally I work on 42 (between Park and Lex) so you might run into me here and there.

• Like 1

I have got 2 London Broils marinating in baking soda ground pepper and garlic oil.Nice weather soi why not cook outdoors.This will be served with a spinach salad.I have never used baking soda to tenderize meat before hope it will be good.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

I have got 2 London Broils marinating in baking soda ground pepper and garlic oil.Nice weather soi why not cook outdoors.This will be served with a spinach salad.I have never used baking soda to tenderize meat before hope it will be good.

Baking Soda? You have my attention

2 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Baking Soda? You have my attention

I was looking for different methods of marinating and found a recipe using baking soda and decided to give it a try.My intent was for making jerky but didn't want to waste the steaks

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dom said:

I was looking for different methods of marinating and found a recipe using baking soda and decided to give it a try.My intent was for making jerky but didn't want to waste the steaks

Please let us know how it goes. I buy london broil often but they are never tender no matter how long I marinade them or what I use

Can’t be. I was flying over the Atlantic at that time. But normally I work on 42 (between Park and Lex) so you might run into me here and there.

Nice. Yea i really thought it was you but I was moving quick and so was your twin

• Like 1