What's for dinner tonight?

philoshop

7 hours ago, Moho81 said:

OK, so I looked around on-line for an answer but really didn't find anything. A little piss poor planning on my part but whatever. I have a corned venison roast all set. I had it in the brine for 7 days and took it out this afternoon. Question is can a just leave it in the refrigerator until Sunday when we will actually all be home again at the same time or should I cook it up today/tomorrow and reheat it on Sunday? 

Did you save the brine?  If so, stick it back in the brine.  If not, I would cook it off tonight, if possible, or as soon as you can tomorrow.  Keep refrigerated, natch. 

Did you save the brine?  If so, stick it back in the brine.  If not, I would cook it off tonight, if possible, or as soon as you can tomorrow.  Keep refrigerated, natch. 

We didn’t save the brine. I didn’t know if more than 7 days was to much for it to sit in the brine. I’ll cook it up tomorrow then reheat it Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

We didn’t save the brine. I didn’t know if more than 7 days was to much for it to sit in the brine. I’ll cook it up tomorrow then reheat it Sunday.

If you are following the Hank Shaw recipe, save the water you boil it in to help keep the sliced meat moist. 

I turned a mule deer roast into a Mississippi pot roast in the crock pot, along with mashed potatoes and green beans. My wife and I are doing intermittent fasting and the smell in the house all day was driving us both crazy. It was well worth the wait. Tomorrow for lunch, the leftovers will be turned into Italian beef (mule deer) sammiches on a baguette with melted provolone.

• Like 5

I’m 0% Greek... but still appreciate Greek food, Greek beer + Greek women
902BB95B-BBCC-4A0B-926D-CA74CAFBDCA0.thumb.jpeg.6fa2d7adcd6f8f8447831d700fb0791b.jpeg

Mythos is ok... good for sitting on the beach in Mykonos. Not so much for at home...

That being said greek women are great anywhere... especially if they like it Greek.

I used to fool around with a Greek chick they are wild

5 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

e8096782f8eac88f8b0aea080da62d92.jpg

Flounder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No such thing as flounder anymore! LOL you know we would catch 20 flounder off the local dock in Northport. Not anymore they just went away. It was big for the local fleet but wit the lobster that is gone. It's a shame on the North Fork of LI. I can a s a kid remembering riding my bike down to the dock. Stoping at the local bait and tackle buying a dozen sand worms and catching so much flounder. Those times will never come back. 

• Like 1

No such thing as flounder anymore! LOL you know we would catch 20 flounder off the local dock in Northport. Not anymore they just went away. It was big for the local fleet but wit the lobster that is gone. It's a shame on the North Fork of LI. I can a s a kid remembering riding my bike down to the dock. Stoping at the local bait and tackle buying a dozen sand worms and catching so much flounder. Those times will never come back. 

Interesting- we had a spot on the Westchester side of the sound that we would catch them early season right from shore...many moons ago

• Like 1