Fetching color and why

firehunter48

Just curious as to what u are using as ur fetching colors and why u choose those particular colors? Rigjt now I am shooting 2 kelly green and 1 white, only because the guy gave me a deal cause he had them aleady made when I got them last year. Normally shoot 2 blaze orange and 1 white. No particular reason, just have literally shoot those same colors since I bought my first compound 25 years ago

I have arrows fletched up with all kinds of different colors, depending on whatever struck my eye the day I bought them ... lol. Sometimes it is just based on what was available when I made the purchase. It's not a real important thing with me as long as they are bright and visible.

I use green & orange. Brighter the better. Intent is to give me higher odds of finding an arrow.   Do alot of bow ground hunting. Try to prevent finding a broadhead in a tractor tire. Both colors have one white fletching, check for blood easier.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1

When I used to fletch my own arrows I'd use two white and a flo-green.

It made it easier for me to follow the arrow in flight and recover it after a mis...... I mean pass through.

The white stood out more from the greens, reds, yellows, and oranges of the fall leaves on the forest floor.

I haven't fletched my own in a few years now, so just use whatever they come with.