What are you using opening day SZ?

Billdogge

I might flip a coin to decide . Either my New England Firearms single shot 25-06 or my Savage 220 slug gun . I have gotten several deer with the 25-06 but only took the 20 gauge out once . I bought the Savage in the spring of the year they allowed rifles in our area .

Remington 700 BDL in .300 Win Mag w/ a Tasco Golden Antler 3x9.5 scope.  Whatever ammo is in my ammo box. 

I know the rifle is a bit large, definitely overkill, and my scope is not a great one.  But, I'm not rich, not buying another rifle right now, and didn't have big bucks to spend on the scope when I bought that.  This combo has harvested me several species of deer, pigs, Audad, and other animals in California, Texas, and NY.  So, it's what I'll be shouldering in the woods opening day should I be provided the opportunity.

Remington 700 BDL in .300 Win Mag w/ a Tasco Golden Antler 3x9.5 scope.  Whatever ammo is in my ammo box. 

I know the rifle is a bit large, definitely overkill, and my scope is not a great one.  But, I'm not rich, not buying another rifle right now, and didn't have big bucks to spend on the scope when I bought that.  This combo has harvested me several species of deer, pigs, Audad, and other animals in California, Texas, and NY.  So, it's what I'll be shouldering in the woods opening day should I be provided the opportunity.

Moonlight scope on that bad boy?

• Like 2

My oh MY, but we have an interesting and diverse list of deer guns here...

I have listed  what we have so far...When 2 choices were given I listed only the FIRST one...

Shotgun.........9

30-06.............6

.270 Win........6

30-30.............5

7MM08..........4

.308 Win........3

ML.................3

.243 Win........2

25-06.............2

45-70.............2

The following were all  one each....300 Win Mag, .280 Rem, .300 Savage, .358 Win, .338 federal, .357 Mag, 25 WSSM, .35 Rem., 444 Marlin, and 7.62 x 39....