LIVE from the woods 2016 Edition! - 7th Year, lets make this happen...

burmjohn

9 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

In blood tracking mode since 7:40 am. this morning. In about a mile and a half.  I got a couple good lucks from two hunters, so far  that offered to lend a hand if needed. 

9 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

You got another "good luck" from this hunter, as well.

• Like 3

In 3k, I hunt behind my home, I sat from dark until 11 sharp, saw nothing.   I go inside my house and cook a ham, and egg wrap, sit down, and glance behind the house, and I saw a small 6 lol.  He really wasnt legal, neither side had all 3 tines at over 1".  It gave a bit if encouragement for my afternoon.  

I microwaved my gel seat for 2 mins, im toasty warm out here :DuckHuntingSmiley:

Edited by Bionic

No luck in Geneseo. I kicked out 4 doe going through the thick stuff but they were going too fast for my son to take a shot .I just shot a small doe in my son's property using my youngest sons savage 20 gauge. Stock is too long for me as he has a pad on the end.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 4

CONGRATS TO ALL WHO KILLED DEER!

Today was sort of uneventful, climbed to the top of a mountain and sat for an hour. Took a couple pics, but I don't get a web connection from my 3G data plan up there most times, so Tapatalk does me no good.

A few ( very few ) fresh tracks, but nothing to get overly worked up about. Was still better to get a couple hours in the woods on a day like this, then sit on the couch during my break from tomorrows hoopla organizing. 

• Like 2

Way to go Eddie!!

Got out of work late so the son and I just went for a walk out back. Go past tower and out by another stand and back up to a tree to watch for 30 minutes. Well legal ends and we take two steps and coming just over the knoll in front of us 60 yards a deer is coming in and busts us! Rrrrr coulda probably got a shot at it outa tower before legal ended but I decided not to climb up there with such a short window. It was a good size deer all alone. Well we got luck it's just all bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out in 7p for the afternoon hunt.  Up for thanksgiving with the family till saturday. Saw nothing sat and sun.  Actually 5 of us saw nothing after hunting private land and walking state land.  

Tonight different.  Walked out at 2:30 pm to check cams and saw tracks all over property.  Work my way back to food plot and saw 4 in some hemlocks about 100 yards out going to neighbors property and  had another young doe walk within 45 yards of me.  5 deer within 10 minutes. Would have been perfect with the old iron site 30-30 but no doe tag this year.  

Great weather.  Headed back out tomorrow and found a great rub.  

IMG_0137.JPG

• Like 1

OK...First what a great hour and 41 mins....I went to the morning stand and watched deer just piling out of the neighbors section of gully  to feed across the farm field in my general direction but several hundred yards down...16 in all..I had walked in both morning and tonight with a drag soaked in buck bomb. I had sprayed one boot as well. At 4 pm I look up to see a 5 point nose down walking my path...He walked past the drag I hung and right to my ladder...sniffed the rungs..looked around and then up at me. I stayed perfectly still with my eyes half shut...after a few minutes he continued on up into the other neighbors sanctuary... I sat back very pleased and though I hope his Dad does that..I watched the deer in the field a bit and looked back at my trail. There is another buck! I saw a flash of white,and my hopes soared. It was a nice wide 6 but you could tell young no mass. He has the same rack configuration as huge 6. Well doesn't he do the exact same thing as the 5 pt.  It was like a rerun.

So much fun, but I had settled in archery for meat ,I'm not settling now. Which brings me to what I did next...some of you may say that's mean,but you don't live here. Thanksgiving is the brown down crowd here...they have been filing in all afternoon...This weekend they will fill theirs, the wife's, the kids buck tags if possible..The wives and kids that don't hunt...This was a really nice little 6pt that I want to live ...It was 1 min. to close when he finally picked up the other bucks scent and  went past the stand on it's trail..as soon as he did I fired a round into a stump behind him...He dug in after ducking and I swear he was clearing 30 feet a leap....He is now one educated buck and I hope Leary enough to stay hidden a while during daylight.

BTW...I have now passed 2 5pts and a 6 pt. at the base of the ladder this year...should have been hunting it all along! Buck bomb works...

CONGRATS ON THE DEER EVERYONE..Way to go Eddie,see now your on a roll!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

In blood tracking mode since 7:40 am. this morning. In about a mile and a half.  I got a couple good lucks from two hunters, so far  that offered to lend a hand if needed. 

We continued our tracking efforts several farms over. By the look of the blood where the deer first stopped, one would have thought that animal laid not far from the stop area. We had to do many half circles just to regain the dry blood on leaves and brush. We would find good blood, then down to barely a drop or two. I began to think a stomach or liver hit, but no evidence of bedding. We worked right up till dark, using blood tracking flashlights. We backed out just after dark, marking the spot well. My cousin, that shot the deer is about sick over the whole thing. I continue to regain his composure, and show him that when a deer is shot, give it all you got till every last ditch effort is exhausted. Will go back in the morning and hope that not to mach rainfall over night falls.

• Like 1

We continued our tracking efforts several farms over. By the look of the blood where the deer first stopped, one would have thought that animal laid not far from the stop area. We had to do many half circles just to regain the dry blood on leaves and brush. We would find good blood, then down to barely a drop or two. I began to think a stomach or liver hit, but no evidence of bedding. We worked right up till dark, using blood tracking flashlights. We backed out just after dark, marking the spot well. My cousin, that shot the deer is about sick over the whole thing. I continue to regain his composure, and show him that when a deer is shot, give it all you got till every last ditch effort is exhausted. Will go back in the morning and hope that not to mach rainfall over night falls.

Good luck... hoping for good news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk