My wife's car is totaled!

Tughill Tamer

85513cb011b4e2d7215d0fa386fccbbd.jpg

Just got back from the hospital had a car pull right in front of me at an intesetion and I nailed him at 35mph.I feel like I just fell out of a 20ft tree stand.All the airbags deployed the one out of the steering wheel caught be in the face ramming my glasses up into my forehead cutting me in 3places but I'm very thankful that other than some cuts and a very sore upper body I'm good. Had a CT scan and everything inside seems to be good. My poor wife's knees were driven into the dash so her knees which she already had knee problems are killing her and she has some black and blue spots from her seat belt but her scans came back good to thank god. The driver of the other car was a 17 year old kid trying to make the light. He came over to us at the hospital with his mom and apologized he was pretty banged up to. Then the cop comes into my hopital room hands me the police report and a ticket claiming I ran a red light which is completely wrong it just turned yellow when I was going under the light but the kid who hit me says he thought it just turned red and someone else at the seen thought it had just turned red but my wife clearly said it had just turned yellow the last glance I took at the light was green there's no way it was red I'm going to fight it in court.Well that was my eventful night I'm just glad it wasn't any worse and we were able to walk ever so gingerly out of the hospital tonight.Hope the Percocet kicks in!

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

He was trying to beat the light,but you got the ticket? He was pretty banged up to?  Sorry  this happened and not trying to add to your upset,but I'd fight that ticket..it's not points I'd be worried  about..it's liability in a civil case. Just don't get blind sided...glad everyone's OK..

He was trying to beat the light,but you got the ticket? He was pretty banged up to?  Sorry  this happened and not trying to add to your upset,but I'd fight that ticket..it's not points I'd be worried  about..it's liability in a civil case. Just don't get blind sided...glad everyone's OK..

I agree. Get that police report fixed otherwise that kid is coming back to sue you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The most important thing is that everyone is going to be OK. The rest of the stuff, although a real pain in the butt, can be worked out, after you both are feeling a little better. It could have turned out much worse, and you are very fortunate. For now, count your blessings. Then, a good lawyer may be your next best option.

Main thing is you are both OK.  Get well soon.  Hope her knees recover well but a bruise in that spot can take a long time to heal.  Take it slow the first couple of days because often that is when you start to feel where the pain is.  Good luck hope you both recover fast and well!

Thanks everyone for your concerns and kind thoughts, as far as the kid that pulled in front of us he was banged up but I don't believe he was as bad as us as at the accident scene he was standing around watching the ambulance crew tend to us and also waited around a bit for his mother to take him in to the hospital.He apologized there at the hospital and didn't seem to bad.As far as liability goes even if I did run the red light (which I 100% believe I didn't) the cop said he admitted to running the light plus cutting us off so I would think we would be ok there.Like you all said the most important thing is were ok the rest of the stuff will work itself out, thanks again for all your kind thoughts.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 2