What do you do for hunting permission

Buckmaster7600

I'm certainly not willing to jerk off a dog but I do bust my butt to have permission to hunt a 1100 acre farm. Four years ago I knocked on his door and asked for permission to hunt, he said no. I asked if he needed any help around the farm and he said no because he needed truck drivers and I didn't have my Cdl license. That winter I paid out of pocket to get my Cdl and after getting it I knocked on his door again and told him that I now had my Cdl and was willing to work on my days off. Now 4 years later I am the one that decides who if anyone else can hunt the farm.

Last night I worked a 12hr overnight shift and now I'm sitting in a sweltering truck with no radio or air conditioning and it is more than worth it! 6f1986cb531ae043aaf56096abf24eff.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 17

I have 4 spots three are from knowing the owners one is from goose hunting  the property and being respectful. I used to have a killer spot not far from my house when I dated the guys daughter in high school. Unfortunately when the dates ended so did the permission. Just wasn't worth it. Lol

I never thought I'd stoop so low, but If all it would take is jerking off the dog, I think it would beat doing farm work in a hot truck without A/C after doing a 12 hour shift.  And how many days of this work do you put in?  Some of us are slaves to our real jobs, wives, family, etc., I'd be damned if I'd now become a slave to a landowner for permission to hunt.  If he wants, I'd gladly whip out my wallet and give him some money, but I don't think I want to be doing farm work for days on end.

If you work on your days off when is there time to hunt?

I go knock on doors and get to know people. Be yourself and be polite. I got a 650 acre farm to hunt from a cold knock on a door.

I only work when I want after oct 1, and I don't want to very often.

• Like 3

If you work on your days off when is there time to hunt?

I go knock on doors and get to know people. Be yourself and be polite. I got a 650 acre farm to hunt from a cold knock on a door.

I only work when I want after oct 1, and I don't want to very often.

• Like 1

I never thought I'd stoop so low, but If all it would take is jerking off the dog, I think it would beat doing farm work in a hot truck without A/C after doing a 12 hour shift.  And how many days of this work do you put in?  Some of us are slaves to our real jobs, wives, family, etc., I'd be damned if I'd now become a slave to a landowner for permission to hunt.  If he wants, I'd gladly whip out my wallet and give him some money, but I don't think I want to be doing farm work for days on end.

I don't know what a 1100 acre lease is worth but I made 13k last year getting mine.

I only work 3 or 4 days a week at my real job so I have plenty of spare time.

• Like 3

over the years ive had good luck getting permission but keeping it was an issue 1st property was turned over to farmers family and i lost permission, 2nd was a guy i knew he never wanted money and wasnt any work to be done wasnt a farm just vacant woodlot  just asked to keep an eye on it he ended up letting some employees from his buisness hunt it . third was a lease guy found out he could get more money so i got dumped he never even offered to match the price.... i have found getting permission from the guy who owns small acres 10 to 40 is easier then big farms 

i'm hoping to hook up with something like this when I retire and move up there, I'll fill in a few days here and there to hunt private land and it doesn't have to include deer but i'd take that too. I've been running heavy equipment for 20+ yrs. and get a kick out of someone telling me I busted my butt today!!!! "no I didn't the dozer did the work"

good hit buckmaster with that cdl in your pocket you'll never be out of work.

• Like 1

I find the biggest buck in the area then I knock on the closest door and say " I will be hunting in your back yard, sign this form, NOW!"  When they say no I just grab them around the neck and shake until they say OK!  Hasn't worked yet but it gets my aggression out.  :rofl:  Time to knock on some more doors, I had a rough day!

• Like 1