Live From The Woods 2017 edition!

WNYBuckHunter

Out with Joe on his land , largely to help him loosen straps on stands and pull cameras . Oh and go eat breakfast ! Not going to bother with does here .

Bunch of shots here .

Work party last night , it was touch and go when I got up at 5:30 .

image.jpg

• Haha 1

On the hill for the last time this year there is no late muzzleloader season up here and the rifle season ends tomorrow. I can't believe the hunters up here today I was a little later than I wanted to be because of work and I had to go to my third option to get somewhere where there were no cars. Usually there are maybe 2 cars in the area on your normal Saturday today there are 8 cars, if I wasn't already late I'd leave the area entirely. Talk about your last minute shoppers. Good luck everyone.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just had a red tail fly by hunting....I rarely see them hunting in the woods. Man raising this blin 8 feet allows me to see every where. To bad I did it the year the deer disappeared...lol this has always been a travel hub  for everything. 

Sitting here making plans for next year and envisioning new blind designs

On the hill for the last time this year there is no late muzzleloader season up here and the rifle season ends tomorrow. I can't believe the hunters up here today I was a little later than I wanted to be because of work and I had to go to my third option to get somewhere where there were no cars. Usually there are maybe 2 cars in the area on your normal Saturday today there are 8 cars, if I wasn't already late I'd leave the area entirely. Talk about your last minute shoppers. Good luck everyone.

Stay short all those hunters will push the deer to the roads .circle back around them, sneaky deer. I've taken a couple bucks like that on state land

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Last week this newbie neighbor kid comes in and sits by the creek. Shoots a small doe. Good for him. I see nothing all morning. This morning neighbors north of me come in after 7 in their orange jump suits. I watch them from a distance and hope they’ll bump something my way. I’m in well before sunrise and in a great stand in some thick stuff with good active runs. 2 separate shots not 20 min later.

This sport can be frustrating. Who wants to join my pity party?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Stay short all those hunters will push the deer to the roads .circle back around them, sneaky deer. I've taken a couple bucks like that on state land

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Yeah I guess that's the good thing about all these hunters they will have them up and moving. I'm only off the seasonal road by about 300 yrds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JALA RUT said:

Looks like a perfect morning, this is killing me waiting for muzzleloader season!

Good Luck to all out today!

I am struggling to wait for mz as well,haven't been out since 7.15 opening morning. It is torture. 

Good luck out there folks!!!

7 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

Ok,i should put my early success in perspective. At least i have something in the freezer. Wishing you empty handed folks best of luck!!!

I was just about to say..... The guys who haven't seen much probably don't have a whole lot of sympathy!

15 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I am struggling to wait for mz as well,haven't been out since 7.15 opening morning. It is torture. 

Good luck out there folks!!!

I have a funeral mass today but tomorrow I'm planning to sit the morning in one of my stands with a camera and then later in the day check my trail cams.

33 minutes ago, Belo said:

Last week this newbie neighbor kid comes in and sits by the creek. Shoots a small doe. Good for him. I see nothing all morning. This morning neighbors north of me come in after 7 in their orange jump suits. I watch them from a distance and hope they’ll bump something my way. I’m in well before sunrise and in a great stand in some thick stuff with good active runs. 2 separate shots not 20 min later.

This sport can be frustrating. Who wants to join my pity party?

Perhaps you should join your neighbors in a hunt ....

Perhaps you should join your neighbors in a hunt ....

Not my style. Brown it’s down. Even bb’s.

But I am well aware of the karma and thinking of clowning around haha.

Most of the block was logged last year and we lost 2 stands. Plus no corn this year has made it tough to figure out.

19 minutes ago, E J said:

I was just about to say..... The guys who haven't seen much probably don't have a whole lot of sympathy!

I learned a long time ago to not let it bother you. It is not uncommon to have someone walk in once where you have been hunting all year and shoot one. Not an enjoyable experience but unfortunately it is part of the game.

I have even had my own brother in law do it. :spiteful:

• Like 1

Just noticed tiny rub sapling ..new .... 13 yrds behind ..blind

Not sure phone will pick it up

Ps.  3rd stand site with a new rub within 15 yrds of stand or blind...I haven' seen a deer other than the twin fawns in a long while...lol

1512223308427210765752.jpg

Edited by growalot