Bigfoot sighting

Water Rat

3 hours ago, mowin said:

Wondering if this thread is going to get as heated as the one last fall.  Lol.  

Think that one caused a member or two to leave the forum.  

It's like the "great hot-dog controversy" all over again. And that capybarra thing was unsettling as well....;-]

My sister's friend walked to her kitchen the other day and found an emu pecking at, and destroying, her humming-bird feeders. An emu. She knew where it was from and called the owner. No big news event.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Other than peoples claims there is hardly an ounce of any real evidence.  Yes, this country is vast, but there probably isn't an inch of it that hasn't been seen whether on foot or from the air.  If Bigfoot did exist he would have been photographed, shot or trapped LONG ago.

Now don't go and ruin this thread by making too much sense!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grampy said:

Now don't go and ruin this thread by making too much sense!

OK, ignore my post then.  I may have been smoking the same stuff as the native Americans when I posted it! LOL.

I think I saw Bigfoot in the NYC subway this morning.  Or maybe it was some hairy homeless guy with a size 19 shoe??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, helmut in the bush said:

That isn't the one I was thinking about, a guy  was fishing and thought something was watching him, so he thought he should carry a gun. At least I thought it was on this site, it was funny

How about this goats in Brooklyn  subway tracks :)

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Goats-Subway-Tracks-NYC-N-Train-491266351.html

3 hours ago, Salmon_Run said:

Big foot....

Ain't no body got time for that!!!!

I'm still looking for a mountain lion in the Adirondacks......

I had to work with a guy recently that saw pics of a mountain lion and knew all about the Dec releasing wolves in the Dacks. And I HAD to behave so I could get through that part of my training for work. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Illegal as can't do it with a crossbow in early October at night with the aid of a light, over bait, and from a motorized vehicle, or just plain illegal?

Flat out illegal. Story goes that the folks that believe this crap asked then DEC Commissioner Martens to formulate regulations to protect bigfoot. His office replied that it was already illegal under existing rules. A Google search under "is it illegal to shoot bigfoot in NYS" will provide more details than anyone really needs. 

I guess when I shoot one I will have to claim self defense...………...

• Like 1

Ok, I haven't shared this with anyone yet, but everyone here on the forum has been a great source of hunting info for me and I feel compelled to give back.  

Here's the thing: All of those ADK hikes that I've been doing weren't just to become an ADK 46'R.  In fact, I have been quietly developing a first of its kind electronic squatch caller...AND IT WORKS!  That was no moose that I heard while camping, it was a real SQUATCH coming in to my calls!!!  

While I may be somewhat conflicted over harvesting an ADK Bigfoot, there is no question my one of a kind eFoot caller works!  You guys are the first ones that I am offering these to, but act fast!  As soon as the first hunter calls in and drops a Squatch, there is no way that I'll be able to keep up with demand!! 

I'm going to make a special offer just to the forum members here: $99.95 (+8% NY sales tax) for the soon to be famous eFoot caller!  PM me right now with your credit card info or Paypal while supplies last!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

Ok, I haven't shared this with anyone yet, but everyone here on the forum has been a great source of hunting info for me and I feel compelled to give back.  

Here's the thing: All of those ADK hikes that I've been doing weren't just to become an ADK 46'R.  In fact, I have been quietly developing a first of its kind electronic squatch caller...AND IT WORKS!  That was no moose that I heard while camping, it was a real SQUATCH coming in to my calls!!!  

While I may be somewhat conflicted over harvesting an ADK Bigfoot, there is no question my one of a kind eFoot caller works!  You guys are the first ones that I am offering these to, but act fast!  As soon as the first hunter calls in and drops a Squatch, there is no way that I'll be able to keep up with demand!! 

I'm going to make a special offer just to the forum members here: $99.95 (+8% NY sales tax) for the soon to be famous eFoot caller!  PM me right now with your credit card info or Paypal while supplies last!!!

I think I'll wait until Cabelas sells your product so I can use my Cabelas points to purchase it.  Plus I can get my money back no questions asked if the product doesn't work!  LOL

• Haha 1

We,ll you guy,s certainly can be funny. I,m just saying that I,m a believer especially having watched these researchers workshop on this subject.  What I am saying is, enjoy your Hunt when your in the woods looking to get a deer to come along to put some deer meat in the crock pot. But at the same time you should be schooled enough on these things so you will not crap your pants if you happen to see one in your life time while hunting. It,s a guarantee if you live in the State of Texas you,ll see one.

One main tip off they mentioned is, being overcome with a (seriously strong ) feeling of being watched when your alone in the wood,s.  Or if the wood,s suddenly go quiet. You know, no bird,s ect... That,s really a bad indication you may or may not have danger near by . Just be quiet and be on your guard until the normal sound,s come back or you can very slowly move away from this area where you can see well ahead of you before you head out.

I was trout fishing one time on one nice flowing creek 1/4 mile or so back in the wood,s. I had caught two nice brookies  and was walking and stopping and fishing ect..The wood,s seem normal with sound,s and the creek flow was ok when this happened to me. I suddenly felt fear coming over me and the hair,s on the back of my neck started standing up. I suddenly just did not feel that everything was ok in the location I presently was in the wood,s.  I quickly reeled my line in, pulled the front part of my fishing rod back toward me and grabbed the shorted fishing rod I now had.in one hand. Un-holstered my S@W 357 Magnum in my other hand and slowly walked back  in the direction leading back to where my car was parked. The feeling slowly started to slowly go away as I got further down the creek.  When I reached a good (wide) shallow part of the creek, I laid my pole down on the creek bank. Then I walked out to the center of the wide creek area in my hip boots and with the 357 Magnum handgun at the ready, and waited there awhile till my nerves felt pretty we,ll quieted down. What was making thing,s hard for me was not being able to see good into the high grass areas on each side of the creek. But these feeling,s had left me and I felt then that whatever happened for me to get that way was gone. To this very day, It,s like PTSD now and then in my memory. Let me tell you when that did happened, I was really God dammed scarred. I don,t have the answer,s today for what caused this to happen but it did.

Happy Hunting Guy,s,  TwoSeventy

• Like 1

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article216876005.html

Having a sighting can make your town relevant again!  Tourism is a big thing these days, simply get a suit that looks close enough, make a video and bam you have a few hundred more people coming into your town every week.  Boost to the local economy. 

This is why urban area's want big foot so people come and purchase things, first its just gas, groceries etc. then when it really takes off they can start with big foot t-shirts, mugs, bumper stickers and the list goes on...

I am much more scared of a mother protecting her cub or calf(Moose) vs big foot.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

There are wolves in the adirodacks , not sure about mountain lions but I would believe that there a few here and there

I'd believe in wolves and mountain lions in NYS, before I'd believe in Squatchies running wild! At least wolves and mountain lions do exist..........somewhere.

• Like 2