anyone add new ground this year?

Robhuntandfish

My hunting buddy just got the ok to hunt some property across the road from his house.  Owner seems like a real nice fella.  So he's got some new dirt and is excited for sure.  Got permission yesterday and getting a new stand as soon as runnings opens this morn.  He justy sent me a text that there was a buck and a doe out in the field this morning - Its a sign!  Glad he got a new spot to go- those are tough to come by.  Hell im excited for him!  

anyone excited for some new hunting spots this year? 

Quote: "anyone add new ground this year?"

No, but I have subtracted a bunch, understanding that every year I have to shrink my range because it is getting harder and harder to drag deer out from places that I use to routinely handle in the past.....lol.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

A guy I work with hunts around Darien, the place is a damn shooting gallery of monster bucks . He shows me new trail cam pictures everyday. 

I really gotta get out there, hunted it a few years back and my dad killed a 12 then lost permission. Nice and close to home too 

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

A guy I work with hunts around Darien, the place is a damn shooting gallery of monster bucks . He shows me new trail cam pictures everyday. 

i've hunted the park and multiple years a buck 150's or better got taken in the area after getting pushed out of there by the orange army.

we added 28 acres of hardwood ridge and thick swampy low land that bordered us to our farm.  co-op as a whole might lose some properties this year that were in it for the wrong reasons but is expected to gain others. should stay right around 11,500 - 12,000 acres. already too big for the help running it so hopefully it doesn't get bigger.

• Like 1

Bought 2.08 acres which touched my 17.27 acres in July, this was the result of a knock on the landowners door. Previous landowner was a real nice guy, look forward to talking with him when he receives the School Tax bill as it will go to him this year.

New total is 19.35

They aren't making anymore so ł buy it when ł can.

• Like 2

I just lost my prime hunting ground last night. What a complete awful feeling. All the time and money I put into plots this year on the property. Finally after a few years of rotating crops the plots look great, and now I have to go terminate them all so no one benefits from them.. totally bummed, enjoyed the property for my entire life, hunted it since day1.. 

• Sad 6

I just lost my prime hunting ground last night. What a complete awful feeling. All the time and money I put into plots this year on the property. Finally after a few years of rotating crops the plots look great, and now I have to go terminate them all so no one benefits from them.. totally bummed, enjoyed the property for my entire life, hunted it since day1.. 

What happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I lost most of my Westchester bow land due to in Inch literally. I though I was sticking a doe on the management program turned out to be a spike with horns too long by an inch ...thankfully Biz only stays on the ground so I’ll just park my climber over his head.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

ouch...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Sorry to hear it Bryan.  That is tough.  Stay positive.   A new door will open.  

• Like 2

That really sucks and I can relate but a little differently. My dad and uncles had a property of about 400 acres to hunt from the mid seventies until I turned 16 in 1990. Sometime in October we went to walk the property and stopped in to see the owner (a really old lady in my recollection) and we were told "No more hunting on my land!". There were a couple fields bordering the house and through the years they had problems with locals jacking deer. Well, they left their dog outside one night and it got shot. Even though we had nothing to do with it she loved that dog and only tolerated her sons allowing people to hunt the family property so we were gone. We scrambled and found some acreage to hunt before the opener but for my first season and the anticipation to hunt on land I had been tagging along with my dad on for years, it really sucked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I lost most of my Westchester bow land due to in Inch literally. I though I was sticking a doe on the management program turned out to be a spike with horns too long by an inch ...thankfully Biz only stays on the ground so I’ll just park my climber over his head.

I’m only hunting Putnam this year unless you got a Westchester spot for me?

On 9/7/2018 at 4:31 PM, crappyice said:

What happened?

The landowner is getting old, and just a few weeks ago He put the property in his daughters name. She knows I hunt there and have used the property for many years and have always taken care of it and respected it as my own. Helped them out when I could. etc.. We've known each other for many years. Well as soon as the land was put in her name, Some body snuck in and Leased it out somehow.. 

On 9/7/2018 at 1:40 PM, LET EM GROW said:

My heart goes out to you my friend. But don't let it break your spirit. A new opportunity WILL come along. As moog said, a new door will open for you! Perhaps, even better than what you had. Good things happen, to good people. You'll see.

• Like 1