burmjohn

LIVE From The Woods 2018 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

Some want 10's. Some want 12's. My bucket list buck is a giant 6.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

You and me both, this one still haunts me in my dreams! Had him in bow range 5 times in 2 years and never got a wack at him. c32bd4b6a47aa6af22801f97c2866f36.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 12

4 hours ago, Fletch said:

I’m actually in Terrebonne outside of Montreal and headed west to Quebec after this meeting for one there tomorrow morning. Poutine is on the menu though lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read that the Weed Shops are open in Quebec now.....if you lean that way. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rachunter said:

I’m calling it a day. Been sitting in rain all day only thing I saw was a weasel. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. 

Its miserable. Tomorrow's weather looks good.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, halfnelson said:

Ya sure it wasn't a ferret?  hahahaha

It sure looked like one. It was black and white I always thought they where small  this one was as long as a cat. 

8 minutes ago, rachunter said:

It sure looked like one. It was black and white I always thought they where small  this one was as long as a cat. 

Long tailed weasels won't turn white for awhile yet   And tip of tail will be black   Long as a cat says not weasel either

8 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Long tailed weasels won't turn white for awhile yet   And tip of tail will be black   Long as a cat says not weasel either

To be honest I’ve never seen a weasel before other then that one. It was twice the size of this one under my house. But looked the same. 

241EEF16-548E-41C4-B4D5-E95491FA634C.jpeg

They just got this guy for baiting with apples lol f78af80f6add5797fa8e5a6ab680da66.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Looking forward to tomorrow and a new stand to try out. Been a much slower year for me, need something to make a change. 

Saw a big buck right near there a few days ago, never know.   

IMG_20181028_131609361_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181028_103432582.jpg

• Like 2

This break in the weather has them up and moving for sure,been out since noon and seen 5 deer out of my range.Driving home the once empty fields are getting more action than they have most of the season.Giving it another try in the morning.

• Like 1

Just re-arranged my schedule.  Work tomorrow morning.  Hunt tomorrow afternoon and Wednesday morning.  That will be it for me for bow.  Hoping to see some bucks on their feet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Some want 10's. Some want 12's. My bucket list buck is a giant 6.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

He wasn't a six but if he stepped in front of me he was getting it. Never saw him or got another pic of him after this one.

image5.jpeg

• Like 1

2017 Hoyt Pro Defiat, Axcel Armortech HD, TruBall, Easton Aftermath, QAD HDX, BuckSlayer Custom Strings, Upwind Field Staff, https://huntupwind.com/?mref=1326

Rubs and scrapes all over the place out there. Saw 8 deer tonight. 6 doe, a fawn and had a six point literally right under me. The first doe I saw came from down the ridge. Came up to me and bleated. Then I see this little fawn come running down from up the ridge. He went right to town on momma. Got some great video of it. Not sure how to post it. Awesome sit for me. Already filled the buck tag, holding on to the doe tag so I can enjoy the woods a little more. Good luck everyone. 

• Like 1

"We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world. The first step – in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come – is to teach men to shoot!"

Semper Fi

Took some screenshots from the video. Wish I could post the fawn video. He was going nuts on that thing till momma put an end to it. 

4CA4B0B9-595C-42A5-B505-99BB9AE35B85.png

E2DE9ABF-603C-4119-8B65-2148CC442578.png

• Like 10

"We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world. The first step – in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come – is to teach men to shoot!"

Semper Fi

Saw nine deer this afternoon. Seven flat heads, and two small bucks. All were just feeding. No sighting of the big buck I saw trailing a doe yesterday. Off work on Friday. Hope to see more rut activity then.

I'm pretty sure, where I was tonight, will be my opening day of firearms spot! My hunting partner built it for me back in September. Very large and thick swamp below, and a huge buckthorn bedding area on the other side. Got mowed trails and food plots in between. We were up there together and I pointed out a spot and said, right there would be the perfect spot for a stand! Next time I went up there, it was up! I have the best hunting partner! We rode the same school bus together! Have been best friends since 12 years old. Between us we've killed hundreds of deer. After every one, there was always a handshake and a bro hug. Our wives say we'd be lost without each other. They're right.20181029_204818.thumb.jpg.bbb520f2be14b142ae35747ed8a91144.jpg

• Like 27

They just got this guy for baiting with apples lol f78af80f6add5797fa8e5a6ab680da66.jpg&key=db99d6e36e93cd9f5b4d663aef6ac226d4ee56f583383fdebb455a7bfeae0e86

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Haha I was watching it too, how about the apple pile they spotted from the plane? It was a dump truck load

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By JDN2K
      Just want to relay an experience I had this weekend regarding hunting regulations and other hunters.
      I've had several  hunter's tell me last weekend(10/12/2020) that muzzleloader was open, it is not. I also had two other hunters last weekend confront me as to why my son was carrying around a rifle and hunting deer. I calmly explained the youth weekend and the rules around it. After that everything was cool and we continued our hunt.
      I know at the end of the day we're all trying to participate in a sport we love and maybe harvest some game. My thought is to just make sure you're up on your local hunting regulations. Not just so you are within the rules, but also so you can assert your right to be where you are, hunting the way you're hunting.
      I know when I have been operating outside of the regulations I have appreciated a person respectfully correcting my ignorance and I try to pay it forward by being informed and respectfully educating when required.
      Thanks for listening, off my SB...
    • By Alfredo
      Hello,
      I am in the process of purchasing my first rifle to go hunting deer for the first time.  However, I have received contradicting information regarding the types of rifles that are legal.  Based on what I have read, it appears that I am able to use a bolt-action rifle with a pistol grip and a detachable magazine which holds 10 rounds.  However, I have been told that this is not the case. I can't seem to find where this is stated.  Can any one here provide me with some insight into this? I'd really appreciate it.
      Thanks in Advanced,
      Alfredo
    • By RJ_Outdoor_Experience
      Newest Hunting Podcast called The Young American Hunter has now published its first episode. Lead by Ryan & Jake- the moderators of @rj_outdoor_exeprience on Instagram. Both Ryan and Jake are avid outdoorsmen and have been around hunting their entire lives. Learning from the young and the old, Ryan and Jake bring their experiences straight to you. On the first episode of The Young American Hunter podcast, Jake provides a brief introduction and explains the purpose of the show. Ryan will be joining in on future episodes. To listen to the episode, copy and paste the link below into your web browser. Here is the bio for Jake's introduction:

"Thank you for joining us for our FIRST ever hunting podcast here on the Young American Hunter podcast. As you may have already heard, this podcast is gauged towards the new hunters trying to get out in the woods. The Young American Hunter podcast is here to entertain the hunting population, educate upcoming hunters, provide product reviews and discuss some of the newest Wildlife Management Laws. This episode is broadcasted by Jake (Big Haas). Ryan (Rooster) will be joining us in the following episodes. As time goes on and the more episodes that are being published, we promise you it will be more entertaining. This episode is just an introduction... We cant wait to bring more to you! Follow our virtual journal on Instagram (@rj_outoor_experience) and engage in some of the feeds we post! We look forward to hearing from you and enjoy the show! Thank you for joining us for our FIRST ever hunting podcast here on the Young American Hunter podcast. As you may have already heard, this podcast is gauged towards the new hunters trying to get out in the woods. The Young American Hunter podcast is here to entertain the hunting population, educate upcoming hunters, provide product reviews and discuss some of the newest Wildlife Management Laws. This episode is broadcasted by Jake (Big Haas). Ryan (Rooster) will be joining us in the following episodes. As time goes on and the more episodes that are being published, we promise you it will be more entertaining. This episode is just an introduction... We cant wait to bring more to you! Follow our virtual journal on Instagram (@rj_outoor_experience) and engage in some of the feeds we post! We look forward to hearing from you and enjoy the show!"
      "FYI... Future podcasts will be longer! this was a basic overview of Jakes's hunting background. We hope you enjoyed it... God Bless America"

Link:  https://anchor.fm/youngamericanhunter
      FOLLOW: @rj_outdoor_experience on Instagram

• By CrossOvertheRiverOutdoors
      Here's a New York turkey hunt that should get your blood flowing! Hope ya'll enjoy my newest episode! If you like what you see, please subscribe to my YouTube Channel! Cross Over the River Outdoors! #ItsHuntingTimeOlBuck #Ozonics #DeadRinger #Tactacam #NewYorkTurkeyHunt #huntingvideo

• By CrossOvertheRiverOutdoors
      Hello to all my fellow bow hunters! Here's a question for you, if you had the chance to hunt and win $50,000, would you do it? Well your chance has come! It's the Bone Collector North American Whitetail Championship! The biggest and most exciting deer hunting tournament that's ever hit the whitetail woods! Here's how it works, throughout the USA and Canada, there's 14 different regions, New York, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey would be considered as Region 1, the bow hunter that harvests the largest P&Y scoring buck in he or she's region will qualify for a championship hunt in the land of Giants, (KANSAS) at Wicked Outfitters for a chance to win $50,000!!  You may ask, is there an entry fee? Yes, there is a $300 entry fee, but here's the cool part, when you sign up, the crew at the championship will send you a gear package in the mail with over $400 worth of hunting gear! You will also have your name put in for hunt give away drawings and product give a ways! How cool is that!? You might be thinking to yourself, I don't have a big enough buck to hunt that i can win anything with. NOT the case, if you harvest a buck and enter it into the tournament, you will be put in for another drawing for the Kansas HUNT! How do you sign up? Simply go to www.nawtc.com fill out the entry form that's required for you to sign up, and your ready to go! When your filling out the entry form, you will see where it says referral, type in our email address crossovertheriveroutdoors@gmail.com to let the guys at the championship know that your signing up through us! Watch the video below about the Bone Collector North American Whitetail Championship and enter today!  Last year I was blessed to be the region 1 winner of this great tournament, and i'm currently getting ready to head for Kansas for the championship hunt! I couldn't believe that God gave this opportunity to me! Check out the hunt that one me the region and if you want to see how the championship hunt unfolds for me, follow me on Instagram, Facebook @ Cross Over the River Outdoors! Please also Subscribe to my YouTube channel, also Cross Over the River Outdoors! Good luck to every one this fall! and as always God Bless!