What did you get for Christmas?

goosifer

I checked. Looks like no one started a thread like this yet so I will.

Got some gifts from extended family today. I am very tough to buy for. Regardless, my MIL gets me stuff every year. Most of which ends of being donated, given away, put into storage or discarded. This year, she got me a long sleeve tee shirt with a buffalo on it. It's too small, as usual, but wife wants it. Then she got me a 14"x11"photo of a deer mounted on canvas. Not much into art. First person to pm me can have it. BIL got me a custom "Goose's hunting lodge" glass, which was OK, and a "survival kit" for which I am sure he overpaid. Yeah, not a gracious gift getter. We will see what the wife got me in the morning. :)IMG_20181224_203422278.thumb.jpg.f0eab958f90288b3eb5899d64a565ee2.jpg

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, goosifer said:

I checked. Looks like no one started a thread like this yet so I will.

Got some gifts from extended family today. I am very tough to buy for. Regardless, my MIL gets me stuff every year. Most of which ends of being donated, given away, put into storage or discarded. This year, she got me a long sleeve tee shirt with a buffalo on it. It's too small, as usual, but wife wants it. Then she got me a 14"x11"photo of a deer mounted on canvas. Not much into art. First person to pm me can have it. BIL got me a custom "Goose's hunting lodge" glass, which was OK, and a "survival kit" for which I am sure he overpaid. Yeah, not a gracious gift getter. We will see what the wife got me in the morning. :)IMG_20181224_203422278.thumb.jpg.f0eab958f90288b3eb5899d64a565ee2.jpg

Sounds like you don't get the "Spirit Of Christmas". Be thankful they try and think of you even if they don't get you what you want. Sorry to be testy, but c'mon, this is the season to think of others, not ourselves. You don't always get what you want, but you should respect the people who took time to at least buy you something.

So far, I got a Realtree sweatshirt from the 'Secret Santa' thing we did, a box of jerky and buffalo peanuts from Beef Jerky Outlet, a bottle of 'Slap Ya Mamma' hot sauce, a custom wine decanter and glasses etched with our names on them, some customized coffee cups for the wife and I, and some nick nacks ( nick nacks that we are not fond of, but will proudly display every Christmas going forward ).

What have the wife and I bought for one another? Tomorrow will tell. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Rob... said:

Sounds like you don't get the "Spirit Of Christmas". Be thankful they try and think of you even if they don't get you what you want. Sorry to be testy, but c'mon, this is the season to think of others, not ourselves. You don't always get what you want, but you should respect the people who took time to at least buy you something.

So far, I got a Realtree sweatshirt from the 'Secret Santa' thing we did, a box of jerky and buffalo peanuts from Beef Jerky Outlet, a bottle of 'Slap Ya Mamma' hot sauce, a custom wine decanter and glasses etched with our names on them, some customized coffee cups for the wife and I, and some nick nacks ( nick nacks that we are not fond of, but will proudly display every Christmas going forward ).

What have the wife and I bought for one another? Tomorrow will tell. 

Sounds like you got some nice gifts that you will enjoy, both now and later on/ongoing. That's great.

One clarification I'd like to make: I don't want anything, I don't ask for anything, I don't expect anything, and honestly, I'd prefer extended family not give me anything. So I don't see how I would be considered "thinking of myself". That I don't get the Spirit of Christmas is a fair statement. A few years back I got a coffee cup from my MIL that said "Bah Humbug". I liked that one. 

I guess I did a poor job of wording the post title. It has a negative connotation to it. I changed it to "What did you get for Christmas?" 

Edited by goosifer
Reworded post title

• goosifer changed the title to What did you get for Christmas?

Gift addendum. My niece got me a wifi endoscope, which is kind of intriguing. It's a nice one. Useful for seeing inside walls. Not sure when I will use it, but it's one of those things that when you need one, it comes in handy. MIL got me a large buffalo statue/piggy bank along with a bag of Buffalo nickels.. It will go in wife's office. Wife got me an electric knife sharpener, same as the one we have on the kitchen counter. :dontknow: We will look to exchange that one. And that should be a wrap for Christmas 2018. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, goosifer said:

Gift addendum. My niece got me a wifi endoscope, which is kind of intriguing. It's a nice one. Useful for seeing inside walls. Not sure when I will use it, but it's one of those things that when you need one, it comes in handy. 

Free colonoscopys at Gooses ! 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20181225_124312.thumb.jpg.b239c5211879a46f092a9bd565e6bb06.jpgI got some nice gifts for Christmas. They are not that important. The best gift I got was the thrill my son got when I gave him his new Benelli Super Black Eagle II shotgun. There is no better gift than the gift of giving! I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.                   valoroutdoors.com 

• Like 15