fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

I’m in, 4L, on doe patrol, and general scout. Warm. 45-50. Winds variable again, which is frustrating, but mostly out of the south, which is what I need. 80 yards from a road, which the deer cross.

Good luck to all afield.

I'm all thumbs when using Tapatalk

I was just about to head out but it looks like the rain just started here in 4F and will keep going until dark. I can't decide f i should get my matthews wet....

12 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Potentially has killed more yotes, too

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I knew I didn’t like you!   My congrats on your buck is rescinded.   

• Like 3

I'm settled in in 8F. It smelled bucky as I headed in but I had it in my head to go to the other end of the property. Hopefully made the right choice. At least it's not raining.

Windy as a MF!! Glad I'm strapped in.... not that I really have to worry about wind blowing my fat ass out of the tree!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

one 1hr and 37 minutes to 5 days off.  Its starts with walleye fishing  tomorrow at 4am! Then in a treestand by 6am!  

Jealous

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

Decided to bring out my doe-hoe to see if she could work her magic and help bring me in a buck. Huh... Never thought of myself as the pimp type!

If nothing else, she reminds me what a deer is suppose to look like anyways!

695e4812365226b9dedf494f92e12077.jpg

• Like 10

First time for everything.  I was replying to a Biz post and look to my left and a doe and fawn are staring at me. All of a sudden a buck comes off the far hill and runs up.  Doesn’t he mount her while fawn and I watch.  I have never seen a live deer sex show. Tried to get a quick pic.  Crazy!  Lol

B48CA7B1-B56E-44E2-82EF-A9D65AECCFC2.jpeg

• Like 14

And they headed towards my buddy and I text him get ready.   He then texts back.  I missed.  Got the shakes.   Ugghhh

• Sad 1

Just had a lone anterless deer slip through the buckthorn 50 yards from me. Hopefully a buck around somewhere.

That wind is freezing!! Sure looking forward to the hot roast and veggies awaiting me in the crock pot when I get home! And a nice tall glass of whiskey to top off that warm fuzzy feeling too!!!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

one 1hr and 37 minutes to 5 days off.  Its starts with walleye fishing  tomorrow at 4am! Then in a treestand by 6am!  

Shore casting or out in a boat? May head up tomorrow night for a few casts. Hoping it is still not chocolate milk.

I am living vicariously through all of you this season. After 30 years and promises that I was to own the property I hunt and have spent thousands of dollars working and improving, my uncle decides he wants to put a solar farm on the property I hunt in the NZ. This came a week before the season started and after the neighbors accepted a cash offer on their house which we were going to make a summer home/hunting camp. Needless to say, in utter disgust and heartbreak, I dismantled and removed 6 box blinds, 4 hang ons, 13 cameras and everything else I have accumulated on the property over 30 years. Not to mention 25 years of "free legal" work on the premise that he would take care of me when it was time to make the exchange. Have to love family!!!!!!

• Sad 4

Did I mention he expected me to negotiate the deal and draft the contract for the solar project????
I hope you told him you were busy taking apart box blinds that day!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

And they headed towards my buddy and I text him get ready.   He then texts back.  I missed.  Got the shakes.   Ugghhh

damn. missed the buck or doe? good buck?

Ha stare off with a nice 2.5 8 at 26 yards on the ground broadside. Chasing a doe. She stayed in brush of course. Another small buck out a ways spike I think Then a big 8 just walked up 15 yards behind me lol fml no buck tag.

Exciting!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3