fasteddie

LIVE From The Woods 2019 - Lets hear stories and see some pictures!

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I'm planning to spend tomorrow afternoon in my tower with my son in law...I figure the deer will be out tomorrow afternoon feeding ahead of tomorrow night's ice/snow.....I spent the last two days doing holiday stuff with family..Time to go hunting again'''Good luck to all..

Tis why im catching up on some zzz's tomorrow morning and starting around 10am.hoping they put the feed bag on ahead of the weather.good luck,knock em down!!

• Like 1

Will be sitting on the ground in a blind chair on a ridge tomorrow with my rifle.. Ready for a 150-200 yd timber shot if needed. 8G

Might be taking down one of our 1.5 year olds so i can sleep in a couple days lol...

I’m thinking the second phase of the rut should be kicking in soon for all those that haven’t killed bucks yet. Hopefully we can have another good wave come through the forum. Good luck this weekend! 

• Like 2

"We should encourage rifle practice among schoolboys, and indeed among all classes, as well as in the military services by every means in our power. Thus, and not otherwise, may we be able to assist in preserving peace in the world. The first step – in the direction of preparation to avert war if possible, and to be fit for war if it should come – is to teach men to shoot!"

Semper Fi

I’m thinking the second phase of the rut should be kicking in soon for all those that haven’t killed bucks yet. Hopefully we can have another good wave come through the forum. Good luck this weekend! 

We had a nice 8 taken thanksgiving morning that was chasing a doe hard all over the property. This was in 8G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, rob-c said:

Yep, our old lease had a 300 acre corn field not a kernel left behind. 

Odd I hunt a several thousand acre farm with seven figures of the latest equipment, and you sure can find piles of spilled corn ,as well as ,cobs with kernels on them .

Going up on the Tughill to spend the day with a buddy. We plan to hunt the morning come out for lunch then going to a different section for the afternoon. Good luck to all those going out.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Set up in stand for an all day sit, going to be a cold one. I think by the time I'm ready to eat my ham/turkey sandwich later it's going to be a bit frozen...LOL. But still can't beat lunch perched 20feet up in a tree. Between the cold, the approaching storm, and possible trickling in of 2nd rut I think they're going to be moving pretty good today. Good luck to all out.

• Like 1

I’m heading out in about 15 minutes, I thought I’d wait until I can see just a bit. Super crunchy out there so maybe I can get in a little quieter.
Also a day like today every minute I’m in before shooting light is one less after. Brrrrrrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Just sat down in 4s where im fortunate enough to have access to private land.  Couldn’t get a clear shot on a 6 opening morning.  Hopefully he is still around.  

Hunted 3g/3n  public land after opening weekend and didnt see a thing....except other hunters lol. 

Good luck today guys!

• Like 1

Man it was noisy coming in this morn! 21 and chilly bit late didn’t get into stand until 6:20 or so. Still sore and tired from yesterday. Think I was on my feet all but 3 hours trying to find some deer.
Local this morn.

• Like 1

Absolute amateur hour getting in today, I’m drenched in sweat. Squirrels everywhere. Also a screech owl and a pileated woodpecker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Taking a landowners son out this morning in 7F. Sitting a blind on a 40 acre hayfield, hoping to catch one going back to bed. 21 degrees and noisy walking in. Good luck to all that are out today.

I’m in for a half day sit today. Then headed home to cook my wife up a fantastic birthday dinner. With the incoming weather I’m going to take tomorrow off I won’t even bother to set an alarm I could use the rest.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, BowmanMike said:

I will sit this afternoon,i have to with the weather coming in..Just have to decide between a hay field or acorns...

Acorns 

Has been very quiet in 8F but several neighbors shot last night so hoping the deer are moving it they’ll be out again today moving them for me. So far very quiet.c9e99ce83f9321f9ebdf1d64fc811f16.jpg

• Like 2

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold