Don't Let Strange Dogs In Your House

moog5050

Somewhat amusing story.  I was laying in bed last night when my wife yells for me to come to the kitchen.  She yells, there is a wolf on our deck.  Of course it wasn't a wolf, but a very large husky looking dog.  At least as big as our 80lb shepherd, but looked bigger.  And he is literally standing there staring in our sliding glass door.  Has a collar on so I assume its one of new neighbors behind our house (new houses being built).  I figure I would try to find a name and number on the tag.  Slowly open the door and the dog is friendly enough and Kiki is in the crate for the night.  That bold dog walked right in like he owned the place and starts over to eat my dogs food.  As I walk over to him, he walks away into our great room with me following and he lifts his leg to take a leak on our leather coach.  Then I realize this wasn't a very good idea.  Yell at him and he puts his leg down and heads to another room where I grab his collar and low and behold, not so friendly.  A nice growl and I let go.  I then basically push him out the back door and went back to bed.

He did take a quick leak and my wife cleaned it up.  Probably should have just tried to check the tag outside.  I realized what a mess that could have been if he got mean in the house once he growled.  In the end, I hope he made it home, but I wasn't chasing him for the info.  So the moral to the story is .... don't let strange dogs in your house.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, doebuck1234 said:

Couldve went sour fast!glad all worked out n wont try that again

I was laughing to myself afterwards.  Imagine trying to explain that you had to shoot a vicious dog that you let into your own house.  Dummy of the year award there.

Speaking of sliding glass doors. There was one on the house we rented in FLA had it open most times we were home ,lots of trips in and out of the back yard .

I walked into it twice , and our dog once ..... 

I had some electrical tape in the car, and put an X at eye level for each of us .

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Speaking of sliding glass doors. There was one on the house we rented in FLA had it open most times we were home ,lots of trips in and out of the back yard .

I walked into it twice , and our dog once ..... 

I had some electrical tape in the car, and put an X at eye level for each of us .

Stop trying to steal my dummy of the year award Larry.  Ok - we can share!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A couple months ago I spotted a little dog maybe 15 pounds walking down our driveway towards our back yard. I went outside to see if I could get it to come to me and sure enough she walked right over to check me out so I scooped her up and brought her inside so I could see if she had a number on her collar.

The look on my wife,kids and own dogs face was priceless when they seen me in the house holding a strange dog.

Long story short. Called the number on the collar and she belonged to a house about a half mile away. She slipped out without the owners even knowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We have two labs. A Black and a chocolate. I was in other room one night when wife goes to let the dogs in and they are going crazy wrestling once they came in. She is yelling at the dogs not to wake the baby when I come out and see MY black lab waiting outside to come in. Turns out it was the neighbors black lab. we laughed good laugh about that one and neighbor Came and got her dog.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wife and daughter a few years back tried to catch a bunch of kitten that were dropped  at the horse barn . Caught all but one . The last one  they cornered and were both promptly bitten and scratched. Never did catch it. They had to go through the rabies  vaccination. I had warned them before ,do you think they would listen .... noooo

23 minutes ago, grampy said:

You didn't yell at him in spanish did you??  Maybe he just no comprende..........:dontknow:

Happy it all worked out, and no one was injured.  Was KiKi barking??

lol - Kiki was quietly sleeping in her crate in the basement.  I figured she would go nuts this morning but she really didn't seem to catch the scent as far as I could tell.  Of course she is focused solely on her morning ham treat when she wakes!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

lol - Kiki was quietly sleeping in her crate in the basement.  I figured she would go nuts this morning but she really didn't seem to catch the scent as far as I could tell.  Of course she is focused solely on her morning ham treat when she wakes!

She is such a good girl.  Added bonus of coming to visit is giving her ear scratches!!

• Like 1

Had a shepard as a kid, fathers dog, not mine.  He was afraid of the one black cat we had as it had attacked him when he was young.  FF a few years later and another shepard enters the yard and charges this cat, well the cat though it could hold it's ground and puff up as usual and the dog would stop, only issue is that was not our dog!  Boy did this cat make it up a tree in a hurry when it realized THIS dog was not going to stop! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NFA-ADK said:

Had a shepard as a kid, fathers dog, not mine.  He was afraid of the one black cat we had as it had attacked him when he was young.  FF a few years later and another shepard enters the yard and charges this cat, well the cat though it could hold it's ground and puff up as usual and the dog would stop, only issue is that was not our dog!  Boy did this cat make it up a tree in a hurry when it realized THIS dog was not going to stop! 

Our dog was a bit timid around one of our cats which I am sure tagged her a few times as a pup.  In fairness, the cat looks like a 50 gallon drum with tiny little legs and is a bit of a bully.  But Kiki is starting to know her position as she matures, as is the cat.  Now the cat runs from any disagreements vs the dog. 

• Like 1

My buddy ask me to watch his male lab (we have 2 female labs). I let him in the house and he starts sniffing around and lifts his leg to mark his territory, after about 10min of this I took him back to my buddies, no thanks

Same situation with my dog. Have to tell anyone entering my house NOT to pet the dog. They look shocked & ask - she bites? NO, if you start petting her she won't leave you alone! Not everyone wants a strange dog in their lap or face begging for lovin... Some guard dog, huh?

5 hours ago, goosifer said:

Phew! For a second I thought this was about dating advice.

Me too! Thought this would be a story about a daughter's BF...

• Like 2

^^^ Could be numerous reasons. Some dogs are difficult or never seem to catch on to being house broken. My dog gets crated when I leave, She looks for things to get into simply out of defiance that she'd never do when I was home. Then there's the chewers when no one is looking - couches, table legs, remote controls, homework, etc. Lot of pet owners don't want dogs on furniture, beds, around the diner table, etc. A crate can be a training tool, regardless of it appearing to be a doggie jail.

10 hours ago, Dom said:

I don't want anyone to take this question the wrong direction.Why would your pup be crated ?

I did a crate during housebreaking while I was at work. So first thing is to go out when that crate opens and them outside for bathroom then a treat.  Dogs generally won't go in the crate.  But once trained I got rid of it.  

He still went over there to lay down for a while prob cause it was comforting and secure.   

10 hours ago, Dom said:

I don't want anyone to take this question the wrong direction.Why would your pup be crated ?

It’s where she sleeps.   I don’t even lock the door.  That’s her spot.  She has full run of the house but when I go to bed and say bedtime Kiki, she goes to her crate.  

• Like 1