Another doggo chainsaw carve

wooly

My parents little 10 year old Westie started having some pretty violent seizures a few weeks ago. Sometimes several in one day, and they were really taking a toll on him.

He's on medication for that now, which seems to be controlling them, but it's also sucking the life right out of the poor pupper.

I wanted to do a carve for them just to preserve the happy and energetic pooch he used to be just in case things go south for him. Hopefully he'll adjust to his new meds and get back to being his old self again soon.

DSC_0172.thumb.JPG.52e83d39ca089905a6ca4309c452da20.JPG

DSC_0174.thumb.JPG.d23721c454a7ed58841847e9144461bf.JPG

DSC_0200.thumb.JPG.b2d576f1b5e967997bdbf8243335f02c.JPG

DSC_0203.thumb.JPG.7e3bfee44144f0766ec672da2aa7f4a2.JPG

DSC_0208.thumb.JPG.2a61701468cbc28f15910a34082f309d.JPG

DSC_0263.JPG.9ee80c56a8a313eb474da4f526ccd4a3.JPG

DSC_0271.thumb.JPG.20adff8495367d202ff71460e43a741e.JPG

DSC_0270.thumb.JPG.f44b9585663ff01e6d2537d447a124dd.JPG

DSC_0273.thumb.JPG.64e769b58234a0ee1b558e9ca5155834.JPG

DSC_0284.thumb.JPG.4cffc3c948635fd2ef21e13cffd8dd91.JPG

• Like 25

Wow ! What a resemblance.  Awesome job Matt. Your folks are going to have tears in their eyes upon receiving this carve.

Probably phenabarbitol prescribed    Our prior Golden retriever started having seizures and was put on this and ir does suck the wind out of them. Nicest dog ever but when he'd come out of seizure he'd foam at the mouth ,growl and get aggressive not knowing what he was doing. One night he had one right outside daughters room. Then toddler and was trying to exit room, wife locked herself in our room across the hall. I stood on computer chair about ready to euthanize him myself with a handgun in fear daughter would open her door. he then would snap out of it and be his goofy golden self. 

Hope your folks dog gets back to normal quickly.

Fun fact : West highland terriers are anti allergetic dogs so people with allergies are good to go.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Wow ! What a resemblance.  Awesome job Matt. Your folks are going to have tears in their eyes upon receiving this carve.

Probably phenabarbitol prescribed    Our prior Golden retriever started having seizures and was put on this and ir does suck the wind out of them. Nicest dog ever but when he'd come out of seizure he'd foam at the mouth ,growl and get aggressive not knowing what he was doing. One night he had one right outside daughters room. Then toddler and was trying to exit room, wife locked herself in our room across the hall. I stood on computer chair about ready to euthanize him myself with a handgun in fear daughter would open her door. he then would snap out of it and be his goofy golden self. 

Hope your folks dog gets back to normal quickly.

Fun fact : West highland terriers are anti allergetic dogs so people with allergies are good to go.

Thanks guys!

He's on Zonisamide now.

I never realized how many of these meds cross over from our human pharmacy into our pets worlds!

He would come out of his seizures totally dazed and confused apparently exhausted from the severity of them. He'd just aimlessly wander until you stopped him or he'd still be going.

Then as soon as he snapped out of it, he would run and play, and eat like nothing ever happened. Not so much now that he's on these meds, but at least no major seizures since then.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

WOW! and you've only been doing this for what? A year? You're amazing, man!

Thanks man! I think it's been a year this month with the saws, but lots of tinkering with other tools leading up to this point.

This is my happy place though above all the others!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

You have so many talents, keep it up. One of the properties we hunt is in Orangeville, I think you're out that way right?  I'd like to buy one of your pieces some day.

I think Orangeville's about 45min- an hour away unless I'm confusing it with someplace else.

I'm in South Wales/ Holland area if you're ever interested in something.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks guys!

My dad passed away here at home from a heart attack early last month, and we had to have his pup put to sleep two weeks later as his seizures were getting more severe and nearing double digits per day.

Needless to say, it's been a pretty shitty last couple of weeks here. Hunting and carving have both been put on hold now as I'm taking care of my elderly mother full time who suffers from dementia.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, wooly said:

Thanks guys!

My dad passed away here at home from a heart attack early last month, and we had to have his pup put to sleep two weeks later as his seizures were getting more severe and nearing double digits per day.

Needless to say, it's been a pretty shitty last couple of weeks here. Hunting and carving have both been put on hold now as I'm taking care of my elderly mother full time who suffers from dementia.

Man Wooly, sorry you are going through all that....Thoughts and Prayers sent....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wooly said:

Thanks guys!

Sorry for your loss Matt. Best wishes to you and your family.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wooly said:

Thanks guys!

Sorry to hear this, my condolence’s sir. 

• Like 1