007 / Storm banned but new account ?!

turkeyfeathers

For the record, I was the one that brought this to Jays attention. So, it was my loose lipps, I'll take the heat. I just pay attention on here.

Lol I get the feeling if he started posting on the regular it would get figured out pretty quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I brought this up to TF in a text, it seems we just have so many fake accounts popping up and they all fit stormies criteria.

My issue was he didn't know when to stop, more then once he made the "Live From the Woods" thread into a joke with his arguing and back and forth.

I truly apologize that a text ended up going this far.

Edited by DirtTime

I never engaged him and found it quite simple to ignore him if he got silly. I don't think he did anything that some of the people that had the biggest issues with him haven't done right back to him. People like to complain but they were they ones engaging him all of the time. I don't care either way, but even this site isn't void of politics.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 2

He said he never got any warning messages that he did anything wrong .
Just all out of  no where gets a  message that said blocked for spamming
I dont recall storm selling anything on here and im very sure if he new there was some limit to how many posts one could make per day he would abide by that regulation . 

He said this to you even though you only have 4 posts. Welcome back pal

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Phoenix1 said:

I dont recall storm selling anything on here and im very sure if he new there was some limit to how many posts one could make per day he would abide by that regulation . 

Hows he doing anyway ?

8 minutes ago, Phoenix1 said:

Stormy new and knew - welcome back. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think he was a bit misguided in his never ending quest for attention. And apparently he's still on a quest for more. Probably a very lonely man.

Had he gone into the GTG that was going on, instead of taking pictures of members vehicles, he could have made some friends. Instead, he chose to ostracize himself. Why? He is the only one who can answer that.

Not to mention, never adding one thing of any substance to this forum. I made a heartfelt, serious offer to have him come hunt one of our private properties. I know I could have put him on a deer. I felt maybe if someone showed him some kindness, maybe he would come around.

I was wrong.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I think he was a bit misguided in his never ending quest for attention. And apparently he's still on a quest for more. Probably a very lonely man.
Had he gone into the GTG that was going on, instead of taking pictures of members vehicles, he could have made some friends. Instead, he chose to ostracize himself. Why? He is the only one who can answer that.
Not to mention, never adding one thing of any substance to this forum. I made a heartfelt, serious offer to have him come hunt one of our private properties. I know I could have put him on a deer. I felt maybe if someone showed him some kindness, maybe he would come around.
I was wrong.

In the spirit of grampy’s post I will even extend one last olive branch if anyone here knows storm and can deliver the message. Let’s meet for lunch. Somewhere in a public place. Maybe after that you would feel more comfortable coming to the next GTG. I can assure you if you showed up it would rock everyone’s world and each and every one of us would be happy to buy you a drink

• Like 6

I can bust balls with all you and certainly (and quite happily) take some busting in return. Partly because I respect what you all actually bring to the forum and how much many of you have helped me as i fumble through the outdoor world, that banter is welcome and enjoyable.

However. I don’t readily take crap from random people who offer nothing. Reminds me of grade school and playing on the playground. I can talk crap about my little sister but if someone who I don’t know or don’t respect says the exact same thing about her, he’s getting laid out(not that would happen in this scenario- I’m not 12!).

I also cannot pretend to want to buy him a beer or shake his hand. Life is too short to spend it with tedious people-I appreciate Storm/007/Phoenix for reminding me of that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Phoenix1 said:

Welcome back Stormy!

I for one miss 007. Sure he took things too far. We all handle disrespect in different ways. I always got along with 007 because, I showed him respect. You learn that in the Arts. I think also that he got rattled by a few Gangups that made some Threads into multiple pages.  I did pm 007 to start blocking some members. That's all you can do. I don't know if 007 is Phoenix1as the writing style is different.                                               

If you can't tell by the writing and the spelling that this is in fact the one and the same 007 then you really do like him for sure. Phoenix1 won't last long. And to pick that as a name to use on a hunting site goes right along with his other 2 of the past.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am willing to say its a breath of fresh air he isnt on here anymore.  And am glad some people are willing to buy him a beer and meet up with him even though we all know he wont.  Tried that before and look where it went.  It got so i didnt even log on for a couple of weeks other than to see how people did in the field and update a journal.  It seems like a weight was lifted from this forum to me.  It just kept escallating and every topic was a arguing 12 year old mess.   Off topic stuff is the best when its done lighthearted- this other crap was just disappointing.  Just because someone hunts doesnt make them a great guy they are not one in the same. But it is the internet and stuff like this happens thats why i dont really use any other sites than this one.  I have to be honest and say I dont miss his BS at all on every thread - calling out people and causing arguments to go on and on and on and on.  

And since the "Pheonix" has risen from the ashes - maybe he is reborn and has a new outlook.  We shall see and hope so.  

So many great folks on here - I am always so glad i found this site and have met some great folks.  But of course there are always some people that dont get along.  It happens.  But when its encompasses and overwhelms the whole site - I have to agree something had to be done.  Even If it was temporary maybe a message of petty arguing just needs to stop.  and to paraphrase one of my favorite quotes " I hunt because i love to ....not because I regard hunting as being so terribly important, but because I suspect that so many other concerns of men are equally unimportant and not nearly as much fun" 

when the site becomes too much that a person needs to argue and ride and start an argument on every topic and cannot control themselves to walk away from it I guess maybe it was time to show them they needed to.  Cause once it isnt fun anymore I would be gone for sure. 

Just wanted to add - I actually blocked him 2 days before he got banned and I cant tell you how silly i felt to do that.  But i also have to say I enjoyed the forum again.  I can ignore a lot but so much to wade thru was just ridiculous.  

Self awareness is one of the most difficult things to do.  I sure as hell have my faults - boy do i - but sometimes when everyone else is complaining its not everyone else and its time to look at yourself a little.  OK nuff said 

Good luck "Pheonix" 

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1