Corona Virus Thread

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I just submitted my "Hows my form?" video, when do you anticipate reviewing it?

We usually only have time for a few a day,estimated on the people who submitted before you , we should be able to get to your video around  Halloween. 

• Like 1

Ran into a couple FF at the gym, the dept finally came out with a SOG, for this ,part of which is each FF is to keep a bag with clothes any meds they take and so forth on the rig ,Incase they go, right into quarantine . The troubling part is they’re low on N95 masks , and their not allowed to wear them during overhaul . That is when the fire is out and walls and ceilings are opened , burned items are removed  , dirty and dusty a time you really want to wear it . You used to wear it ,toss it and grab another out of the supply room at the firehouse .

Now they want you to, overhaul On air , that is with scba  and facepiece  on , that’s going to suck .

37 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Ran into a couple FF at the gym, the dept finally came out with a SOG, for this ,part of which is each FF is to keep a bag with clothes any meds they take and so forth on the rig ,Incase they go, right into quarantine . The troubling part is they’re low on N95 masks , and their not allowed to wear them during overhaul . That is when the fire is out and walls and ceilings are opened , burned items are removed  , dirty and dusty a time you really want to wear it . You used to wear it ,toss it and grab another out of the supply room at the firehouse .

Now they want you to, overhaul On air , that is with scba  and facepiece  on , that’s going to suck .

You should be able to drop sealed masks in your mailbox and just have them distributed to officials through the post office 

2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Paid?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Absolutely. 

Now if I can just avoid "getting" the virus, I'll make the most of the time off!

What's the current line, on who the first member from here is to catch it? Quite a few are in hot spots.

Though I sincerely hope no one does!

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

the respiratory part of this virus is misunderstood. Should someone cough or sneeze on you, yes. But otherwise once those droplets land, there is no method to "breath it in". Most people are better suited to wear gloves then respirators. 

However, if the respirator does prevent you from sticking your dirty hands in your mouth, then yes i guess it helps. 

Basics here are, don't touch a surface that is contaminated and then touch your eye, nose or mouth and you'll be ok. Yes I know that's easier said then done. 

What district Grampy?

Waiting for the statewide shutdown to made by early next week.

I’ve been hearing rumors of a national school shut down.

With your insider knowledge what are the chances of a state or national shit down?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

With your insider knowledge what are the chances of a state or national shit down?

i think the numbers would really have to increase for a national shutdown , but regional/state is def possible.  Although its all a "shit" down !  lol 

• Like 1

We were instructed to send home 2-3 weeks worth of work today and take our laptops with us......everything I am hearing is now that Cuomo waived the 180 mandated school year this paves the way for Superintendents to shut down schools for an extended period of time.

• Like 1