Corona Virus Thread

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

Are you even an American? 
Shouldn’t you be more concerned about how Trudeau is doing ? 

I’m not. I have been here for 25 years and as a PR have built a life and laid down roots, so I think that allows me an opinion. Especially as every decision made by a president affects my life. I joke about pointing my car toward Canada but strangely when I travel there I feel more American than Canadian. Not totally. I still prefer Tim Hortons over Dunkin’ Donuts; Robertson screwdrivers over Phillips; and pop over soda.

Trudeau is a lightweight. A pale imitation of his father who was one of the last true intellectual world leaders. But I certainly hope Justin and his wife are fine. 

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

I've never been a Trump fan, but exactly what the hell do some of you want him to do here?  FedEx everyone in the nation a test kit by tomorrow morning?   I actually like the fact that he isn't fanning the flames of hysteria like the media and some of you here are doing.   

I would have preferred a speech that didn’t have to be walked back within minutes. A speech that didn’t tank the market the next day. 

This was a no brainer: reassure the American people that the government is doing everything in its power to keep them safe; give them realistic numbers and actions as to what to expect in the coming days: tell them what they can do to protect themselves, their loved ones and their communities; and inspire them with the idea that though things will get worse before they get better, Americans are up to the challenge. We are in this together and we will endure. 

To quote a great leader at a time of historic importance ... 

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, “This was their finest hour.”

Edited by left field

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

Can I just be serious for a moment which is not my MO. ... throw a little good juju the crappy way.
We are currently waiting to hear from CDC as to whether or Not I need to bring my daughter in for testing. She has had a cough, and a barely fever for a few days. We have been in touch with our pediatrician. Thought we were all good but then received a call today for DOH. She is on a “list” for testing.
I’m not overly concerned for HER overall health as she is strong and healthy and young. However I have been with her 70+ grandma(my Mother) and many others. If she is +. How many have I spread it to?
That’s how it is real for ALL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed.  Seems like it didn't make it's way down to the respiratory system for her so she should be okay, but yes, those she has been in contact with is a concern.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, left field said:

I’m not. I have been here for 25 years and as a PR have built a life and laid down roots, so I think that allows me an opinion. Especially as every decision made by a president affects my life. I joke about pointing my car toward Canada but strangely when I travel there I feel more American than Canadian. Not totally. I still prefer Tim Hortons over Dunkin’ Donuts; Robertson screwdrivers over Phillips; and pop over soda.

Trudeau is a lightweight. A pale imitation of his father who was one of the last true intellectual world leaders. But I certainly hope Justin and his wife are fine. 

I would have preferred a speech that didn’t have to be walked back within minutes. A speech that didn’t tank the market the next day. 

This was a no brainer: reassure the American people that the government is doing everything in its power to keep them safe; give them realistic numbers and actions as to what to expect in the coming days: tell them what they can do to protect themselves, their loved ones and their communities; and inspire them with the idea that though things will get worse before they get better, Americans are up to the challenge. We are in this together and we will endure. 

To quote a great leader at a time of historic importance ... 

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, “This was their finest hour.”

Have you heard your boy Biden try to speak lately ? I though he was having a stroke .

• Like 1

While I appreciate all the well wishes for my family I truly am not overly concerned ...except for the ancillary contacts that I and my family have had since my daughter has had symptoms (not a confirmed case).
That’s what makes this REAL. Who the F knows who actually has it and who doesn’t. Answer...no one!
Take care of you and yours and especially your elderly with and “over abundance of caution” which is an expression I’ve come to hate:
I just really wish I had two more caste iron pans for my stash...thanks again jerky!

See...I haven’t lost my sense of humor yet!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, left field said:

Good luck @crappyice I’m sure she’ll be fine. Why has she been marked for testing? I know people in the city with fevers, coughs and respiratory issues that can’t get tested.   

My 84 year-old-mother is alone in her TO apt and sick after throwing a dinner party for a bunch of other old ladies last week. Her doctor told her to stay put and wait it out. 

There’s nothing I can do but wish her well. 

If she can sit outside in the sun without anyone coming near her tell her fresh air is good for her and vitamin d

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I firmly believe I had or have it.

But@elmo had it months ago

Biz you recall I couldn’t make the west Chester GTG? I had a bad ass respiratory illness. Don’t recall ever being laid up like that...  I’ve somewhat wondered if that could have been corona, if it’s been around.  

Prayers for @crappyice and family. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

If she can sit outside in the sun without anyone coming near her tell her fresh air is good for her and vitamin d

Thanks for that. She can get some sun and I’ve ordered her a ton of groceries. She’s tough as hell so we hope for the best. 

The bitch is not being able to do anything. 

7 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

A friend sent me. It may effect some of you WNYers.

Beginning 3/14/2020, portions of Erie and Niagara County will be included in the containment area. Map below:

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BG48ENgCEAAIDl9.jpg

The greater buffalo area officially goes into lockdown as it tries to contain this deadly virus.

Can’t believe i clicked on that!  I’m from CNY, should have been smarter!

Now how do I clean that shit off my iPad?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Larry said:

Hey can anyone tell me why there is a run on TP because of Co-vid19. Did I miss the Memo that it gives you the shits.

I have a case of TP for sale for 1000 dollars or a one week whitetail hunt.

:roulette:

Because sheeple , they just know to follow the crowd . Nobody wants to be without toiletries but to buy a years worth for one flu season ? C-mon

1 minute ago, blackbeltbill said:

I wish, I knew how to do the above!!  As a Side note, I am almost OUT of Toilet Paper!! I better walk down to Stop+ Shop right now-- lol!

Bill, if you're out, someone on FB is selling 6 rolls for $100.  :rofl:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, blackbeltbill said:

I wish, I knew how to do the above!!  As a Side note, I am almost OUT of Toilet Paper!! I better walk down to Stop+ Shop right now-- lol!

All the wind yesterday has blown all of my neighbor's leaves into my yard, so even if we run out of to we'll be set for a little while :)

• Haha 1

My question as to the no groups of 500 and above and half the established occupancy for under 500  is who’s going to enforce this ? And what’s the penalty , as usual the “ news” leaves one with more questions then answers .

The local FD sets occupancy for public assembly’s , so we enforce that , at nights when time permits a BC will enter a bar and check the bouncers counter . Occasionally someone will call in overcrowding. A bar in a popular area may get checked a couple times a month ,maybe .

But this new “ rule “ seems to be a health dept thing , and the FD does not enforce health codes . Is the health dept going to, put guys on nights ? I guarantee they don’t have the manpower to do many checks .

My experience last night of two bars and one restaurant, is it was business as usual, the restaurant was packed with wall the bar people and all tables filled , one bar was packed the other which was Not but it’s very very large and it was early yet .