The Jerkman

LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

5 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

No yotes on the Islander, that I know of but I guess the coons would enjoy him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you on the Island?  Do you need a hand tracking?

• Like 1

He only walked 10 yards and stopped for an honest 10 minutes. When he walked away, he was slow and wobbly.

Wait until 2pm he won’t be far, dead ones don’t go anywhere but dead on there feat can go along ways!!

• Like 3

Where are you on the Island?  Do you need a hand tracking?

This is in the manorville area. Thanks for the offer. I may have to take you up in that lol. Pm you to give you the details later.

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

47 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I tracked a buck with a friend last night, we called it when he got to the edge of a huge field of red brush and golden rod. I told him I'd return this morning, he's got doctors appts all day. First light another friend and I spent an hour trying to get a direction, couldn't find a drop. So we cut across the field and lucked onto a stalk of grass with blood. Followed that trail to a bed with blood and then just beyond that...76597bb81d73c7fa3c54c088d56c2b38.jpg395f4101a88e7b395603bfda24936ec9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Buddy found this buck 40 yds behind my stand that I  shot my buck from. It's a shame to see 1 go to waste. 

IMG_0760.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Buddy found this buck 40 yds behind my stand that I  shot my buck from. It's a shame to see 1 go to waste. 
IMG_0760.thumb.jpg.5cb4a142fe7a441aa2c946f49d53ed64.jpg

Always sad to see such a nice deer that way

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

55 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Def hit him back. Arrow has goo on it. Found good blood and got to within 30 of him. He got up and started to walk but stopped and then left slowly. Gonna back out for a bit...not used to this. When should I start looking again?

• Like 1

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

squirrel, guts are always fatal but it just takes a while. It's also possible you hit liver, which is the same scenario. If you shot him at 9, 3pm will be about 6 hours and enough for him to expire if not bumped. I think 8 hours is even more preferred but then you run into dark and if he plugged up between first bed down and bump you're going to want that daylight. 

this is a situation where many of us look the other way if you bring a gun with you. and then many other righteous warriors on this site would say different. 

just my .02.

• Like 7

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

12 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

IMG_0760.jpg

That's what the last deer we let lay overnight looked like.

I'll never let one lay overnight again. Hopefully we'll never be in that situation again. If so, we'll go back 6-8 hrs later even if that's 2AM. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

IMG_0760.jpg

What took the front of his face off??

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

27 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Probably the same thing that took everything else.  Coyotes.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Against my better judgement I did some tree surfing for a couple of hours this morning. Got in before light only to discover they had been in there pounding the acorns sometime before I got there. Way to windy to stay any longer. I would like to live for another day.

IMG_20201119_071101[1].jpg

IMG_20201119_071123[1].jpg

Squirrel, depending on what time you are heading out I may be available to help as well. Send me a pm when you are heading out if you want my help.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

You got this squirrel......that was a dead buck on a death walk.
Report back back with Hero shots!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

You got this squirrel......that was a dead buck on a death walk.
Report back back with Hero shots!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

What he said^^^^^

Seeing forum members getting bucks this late in the season gives me hope. Even though I haven't had any new rubs or anything on the cameras for 2 weeks!

5 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

Seeing forum members getting bucks this late in the season gives me hope. Even though I haven't had any new rubs or anything on the cameras for 2 weeks!

I took a walk around our 4-H property the other day and found 2 rubs and a scrape that weren't there a week ago. They're still at it....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Whereareyoubuck said:

remember for many hunters, the season hasn't even started yet haha

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

-Aldo Leopold 

Checked a camera at my ground blind yesterday  and bumped four does right beside it. On the camera I saw multiple does, a few small bucks and the biggest buck I’ve ever seen in my property. 

I could only get back at 11:00 today and bumped another doe 10 yards from the blind. 

Have been sitting here for 3 1/2 hours and nothing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Belo said:

remember for many hunters, the season hasn't even started yet haha

I'll never be lucky enough to get a big buck with my rifle!

Sitting on the ground tonight on a hemlock ridge above some green fields.  Checked the cameras to find bucks cruising heavily last weekend.  I know where I should have been on Sunday...

56491058-2F70-48DC-9F1E-A4723353B6F8.jpeg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Like @Mowin said, I assume coyotes.

Edited by 2012_taco
spelling

Hunt when I can.. ;)

Well no luck tracking that doe from yesterday. All snow and sign is melted and washed away. Gonna hunt from the ground the rest of today

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk