The Jerkman

LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Squirrel I am 5 exits away from Manorville if you want an extra set of eyes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Well no luck tracking that doe from yesterday. All snow and sign is melted and washed away. Gonna hunt from the ground the rest of today

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I couldn't stand the cold any longer so I walked back to my cabin, stripped off all my gear, looked out the kitchen window and watched a doe walk across my yard.

image.png.be9a0b8519ea0ae8cd94479e214b07b6.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Couldn't hunt this afternoon do to meeting with a client, but I dropped my nephew off so he could hunt.

Got back to the property and parked on the farm lane to wait for Kayden, and this guy walks out and comes within 15yrds of my running truck.  

IMG_20201119_153608666.jpg

• Like 2

Nice 9 pointer Prez of my Hunting club 
Just scored , around 11 am today .Called him in and  Got him w a crossbow 
D4807B07-7245-4A27-866A-4A92FC529D8E.thumb.jpeg.07679e536e69f9925395d673ff17ab7c.jpeg
Now that's a meat pole!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Just reviewed notes. I've been out in the woods for at least a few hours 30 of 50 days since Oct 1st - I'm retired so have the time. Missed a dead nuts shot on10/22 as did not get that kisser in place, another lesson. Of the 20 days missed, some were super hot, some rain, some dog tired (moved a hang on stand in the rain when quiet as camera showed no deer in first spot - that hurts a 65 year old). One day in particular I was slurping down pancakes while a buck walked under my stand on 11/9 as  evidenced from trail cam the next day(ugh!). I had a buck almost walk into me in a ground blind one day, I was hand cuffed and he bounded off. I watched another buck walk under my stand on the 13th while in a brush blind nearby and texted  how I am being tested this year but am keeping a good attitude. The next morning I was lucky enough to have had him rutting under that stand all night  (via camera)and kind enough to get out of the way while I got up the stand and was rewarded. I knew I needed some hunter's luck and got it - two days of meat care. Various does, crows, squirrels, woodpeckers, foxes, house cats, owls and hawks kept me company. Besides some nice bucks, the most beautiful thing I saw was a torrent of oak leaves cascading down on a bright sunny day. I never see the action in regular season as in the early seasons given the rut, the colors, the weather, the lack of deer drives but hope is there always... any 5 seconds from now could be a lifetime memory.

• Like 15

Drove from my camp to my rental. Passed six does crossing the street and just in front of my place, an 8 point sniffing up four does. 

At this point, I’m only seeing deer while naked or wrapped in my car. If I could figure out how to cover my stand in sheet metal, I’d could probably doff my clothes for short stints and be golden. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

No yotes on the Islander, that I know of but I guess the coons would enjoy him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope your dragging by now....

• Like 2

Sorry for the late post. Had some things to do and need to get cleaned up first.

I waited for little Squirrel to get home from school and we went back in around 330.

I found him not 10 yards from where I pushed him. I could tell by the way he walked off he was almost done.

He’s almost a tiny 8. His G2 is broken on one side. He musta been a fighter.

I will be headed back in in the am and then will butcher him after tomorrow’s hunt. Will post more pics and details in the harvest thread tomorrow.

31ed52eec783218fa9c38bd901fa16c9.jpg

Sorry no deer selfie in the woods.

• Like 48

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

Nice buck figured you got em.  Great job SW

Congratulations.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Sorry for the late post. Had some things to do and need to get cleaned up first.

I waited for little Squirrel to get home from school and we went back in around 330.

I found him not 10 yards from where I pushed him. I could tell by the way he walked off he was almost done.

I will be headed back in in the am and then will butcher him after tomorrow’s hunt. Will post more pics and details in the harvest thread tomorrow.

I’ve been waiting all afternoon for this post. Congratulations!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Nice . So how did little squirrel do on the tracking job ? Couldn’t have done it with out him ? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I wasn't worried at all... Ok maybe a little. 

Congrats on a great buck. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Congrats:) 

• Like 1

Live from metro north. Wrapped up a board meeting in the city. Hopeful to head out tomorrow to wrap up what has been a frustrating archery season. Off thanksgiving week and vacation plans were covid cancelled so looks like I get to spend some more time in the woods than planned.

The city is deader than a doornail. Very sad to see. @Biz-R-OWorld the place I think you bought beer at is all closed up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Live from metro north. Wrapped up a board meeting in the city. Hopeful to head out tomorrow to wrap up what has been a frustrating archery season. Off thanksgiving week and vacation plans were covid cancelled so looks like I get to spend some more time in the woods than planned.

The city is deader than a doornail. Very sad to see. @Biz-R-OWorld the place I think you bought beer at is all closed up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Crazy. Everyone drives now. Parking is a nightmare. I had my annual review today and was told I can pretty much bank on only returning 1-2x per week someday forever. I’m on cloud 9, I’m so happy. Anyway, bucks are moving today in 3N!

6587f5766a325378f5b7006ac66334dd.jpgb37dcc726f546d7078e42f3be01c17a9.jpgf16315fce31f7e716452e3c5adf70ddd.jpg66eb0b79651ecc0217371b99591ce5f7.jpg6442bc6d0d5e6f741f128de253c652ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 4

Tripped over this one.
14EF5798-FD08-4569-9CB5-DF9A760FFCBD.thumb.jpeg.e4274379e0847dfed8589e239dc9f5e5.jpeg

Is this yours? Beautiful buck..

But not so bloated?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Alright, was waiting for this post, congratulations!

• Like 1