The Jerkman

LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

3S is bow only so big game tag is legal from 10/1-12/31.... plus his either sex bow tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gotcha. Thanks.

Nice cool crisp morning to be out. Gave a pass to year and a half 4 pt. Let em go and watch em grow!      valoroutdoors.com 

20201011_083830.jpg

• Like 2

Checking in and catching up as I’m pretty bored. Hunted Thursday AM. Big 4 and 2 small does all got a pass.

Saturday was warm and windy in 8f, which was fine as Friday was my last day at the old job and my birthday so I got to celebrate guilt free.

Didn’t expect much this morning but days will be limited with a new job and you just never know. It’s windier than they called for and seems like many of us are hitting the October lull before the chasing.

• Like 2

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

My 4th sit and second zero for the bow log , 4 for 4 with turkeys though . I can see across most of the hardwoods and 100s of yards of  greenfield .

Runny eggs and heavily buttered toast in my future . Outta here at 10

Not a thing. Very surprising. Out soon and McDonalds on the way home.

Nada again.  Going to need to re think how I'm going at them.  Almost hit a basket rack buck on my way home heading into a piece I scouted this year.  I think I'm over thinking my stands.  Be out maybe next weekend.  

We only lasted an hour in the stand this morning. My daughter got cold right away even though I had her tucked into a sleeping bag. The youth hunter on our property shot a nice respectable 5 pointer. The kid is absolutely slaying it this year. Two deer with the bow. A buck and a doe now this 5 pointer with the gun on the youth weekend.

There’s always next weekend.

• Like 13

First sit this season....ahhh finally. Hunting 9A 55 and slightly breezy. Spooked a doe on the way in. Let’s hope something comes by

Sure does and id much rather prefer a clean miss than a poor shot,just shoulda went for lung,like a dummy i went right for the pumper.all happened quick as usual,thought it was 22 as ive ranged area before and ended up at 28.could of deff even deflected as was 6:28pm n lower light.just gives me the drive to try again!!!!

I would say something is off if you had a complete miss. Most bows will shoot pretty flat between 20-30, so you may have been low to begin with.

"Ethical behavior is doing the right thing when no one else is watching, even when the wrong thing is legal"

-Aldo Leopold 

Great morning!!!!! Seen 22 deer . Had several under 10 yards including a young 8. I never lifted the bow off the hook. 

• Like 4

What is with this wind in 8F! Forecast wasn’t calling for this.

Seriously, felt the same way... like wtf?

-Aldo Leopold 

Nada again.  Going to need to re think how I'm going at them.  Almost hit a basket rack buck on my way home heading into a piece I scouted this year.  I think I'm over thinking my stands.  Be out maybe next weekend.  

I doubt you’re doing anything wrong. Even my camps have slowed dramatically. Give it 10 days.

• Like 2

-Aldo Leopold 

We only lasted an hour in the stand this morning. My daughter got cold right away even though I had her tucked into a sleeping bag. The youth hunter on our property shot a nice respectable 5 pointer. The kid is absolutely slaying it this year. Two deer with the bow. A buck and a doe now this 5 pointer with the gun on the youth weekend.

There’s always next weekend.

Is the youth season tag reg season? Just curious as I don’t know and won’t need to for another 6 haha

-Aldo Leopold 

First hunt out of the redneck!! It’s kinda awesome the wind factor is nearly eliminated!!

33ADEE29-A550-4BCD-B551-3C76639E33A9.jpeg

• Like 5

Switching gears to habitat improvements!

Spent the morning with my grandson opening up an old logging road in an area that was clear cut about 6 years ago. With all the pine tops left behind you couldn't even walk through it. 

20201011_105820.jpg

• Like 7

Is the youth season tag reg season? Just curious as I don’t know and won’t need to for another 6 haha

Yes they have to use their regular season tag and from what I understood they can only take one deer during the youth weekend.

Too nice out to bow hunt unfortunately so I did some chores at camp for gun season and may have stopped a few places to fish on the Delaware but the wife thinks it takes hours to do the chores !! 8f77738f9417f19c5f0af9d38c7bb93e.jpg9a7a3ef12fc460222d9a143acabb2bcd.jpg560ca5692cacc76436748b7429784807.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 12

Back in same spot as this morn. This fella seems pretty regular thru here so since I saw nothing this morn I'm bound to see him tonight right......

IMG_20201011_070641438.jpg

IMG_20201011_122629711.jpg

IMG_20201011_123049898.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BfloHunter said:

Too early for rattling? What do you guys think?

Tickling maybe?  They're sparring a bit on my cams.

• Like 1

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

3 minutes ago, BfloHunter said:

Too early for rattling? What do you guys think?

Nope but nothing aggressive. Just a light tickle.

• Like 1