The Jerkman

LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Up in a double with my 6 year old ....4 turks in the cut corn so far. Warm and breezy in 9h098a0b60046cf024aca97593f308fbe5.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Slipped into a stand I moved last month on a 5 acre strip in Suburbia. Last night just after dark there were 8 doe bedded in the clearing below me about 70yds away. Not sure if they came down the peninsula I'm on but hoping they do tonight. 9ed6a9b1226a7c1263e45463d36e37dc.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, sodfather said:

In position. First time in many years I’m missing duck opener. Cooper had this date circled on his calendar in his kennel. Good to all 

I'm with Cooper....Who in his right mind would be out sitting in a tree waiting for some silly ass deer to walk by when he could be hunting ducks, ESPECIALLY when he has a fine dog like Cooper....i

I am dissappointed with you, Jay    <<SIGH>>.......Poor Cooper.....

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Congrats Red now down that buck!

Thank you . I'm hoping he shows up.

My wife texted me asking if I was coming home early/before dark since I have one down and my oldest has hockey practice.  Unfortunately I'll be in my stand until dark.  Yikes lol

Just got back from moving a stand to within 20 yards of an active scrape, that was found along a fresh rub line. Am excited to get in there in the morning. Congrats to all the successful and GL to those still trying (like me, lol).

I fully support PETA!!

People Eating Tasty Animals

I can see what appears to be a young buck near my doe maybe 12-14" spread can't 6 7 or 8pt its thick shit between us he won't leave her

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red said:

I can see what appears to be a young buck near my doe maybe 12-14" spread can't 6 7 or 8pt its thick shit between us he won't leave her

Maybe you will be able to match Tacs double, but he wins unless your buck is also a neighborhood bush bandit.

• Like 3

No deer hunting for me today. It was time to renew a 40+ year old tradition of opening day for pheasants. There aren’t many wild ones any more like there were in the 70’s but it’s still fun to get together with old friends and enjoy the day.... even if it doesn’t last as long as it used to, for either the dogs or us. Total of six on the day. Only two had been taken at the time of the picture.

5863E82D-E711-45F6-B1B0-E0B165B489E7.jpeg

• Like 17

You are the hunting hero of the day!! Nicely done! Deer or Salmon this afternoon??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm going to kick back this afternoon and be lazy instead with an adult beverage!

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did some mid day scouting and found a fresh scrape line in the oaks. Came back with the climber. 8Nb9a0cf4a2d4888a20f8954645f568ef3.jpg

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

You do and it’ll be the biggest mistake YOU ever made, you Texas brush-popper!--Rooster Cogburn

Congratz! The boom stick is my favorite deer gun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In since 5, late helping dad's buddy wrap up his finger.  Hedge clipper incident.  Beautiful day.

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

The buck just came into about 15-20yrds rubbing some trees putting on a show. He's  a basket rack 8pt

Edited by Red
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Pygmy said:

I'm with Cooper....Who in his right mind would be out sitting in a tree waiting for some silly ass deer to walk by when he could be hunting ducks, ESPECIALLY when he has a fine dog like Cooper....i

I am dissappointed with you, Jay    <<SIGH>>.......Poor Cooper.....

Tomorrow I’m getting stuff together tonight. Hopefully the guys on the lake busted some up and I’ll be in the backwater 

• Like 1

Big old.... Nothing.  Got some work done on the blind and moved a ladder stand.

'08 Bowtech Commander

GoldTip Hunter Expedition's w/ Rage 2 Blades

Remington 700 .308

Mossberg 500 Pump

My father just "smoked" (muzzleloader) a doe and my brother missed one.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 7

My nephew shot a nice size doe this morning. Double lung and a little track job. One in the freezer. He’s happy second archery kill.

• Like 5