Honestly in my opinion, biting off more than they can chew, should just be going after it to be classified as archery equipment , and mandatory bow course required. once done then can work on restrictions,full inclusion, same as compounds did to get lighted pins, releases , high let off.  

• Like 1

They passed to where younger hunters 12 and older can now hunt big game. That's awesome!

But for older hunters, who can no longer draw a bow, you're SOL.

Oh well, it is what it is. Not surprised at all, given how nothing NY does makes sense anyways.

Thanks again to Rick McDermott and the Crossbow Coalition, for giving it their best shot.

• Like 3

Crossbow can still be passed thru seperate bill , was just cut out of budget proposals.   But as I said i believe simply getting it made archery equipment and require archery course should be main focus,  weight and limb restriction should be addressed later time. Imo

Edited by G-Man

I have a different take on the whole issue.

I don’t mind the season as is. The last thing I need is a longer season. 

But two issues that bother me are the xbow  restrictions, weight and size. Ridiculous. And the ban in Suffolk country.

If I could buy a modern Xbow and use it in my county I would be happy. 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Too busy passing important things like marijuana legalization and covid restrictions to be bothered. :negative:

And figuring out where they are going to make all the cuts they are going to have to make. This budget is going to be a disaster. Some of the cuts they are suggesting making is just going to result in BIG tax increases AND reduced state aide to many. Except of course for the underprivileged, illegals, and additional migrants headed this way.

9 hours ago, mike103 said:

I have a different take on the whole issue.

I don’t mind the season as is. The last thing I need is a longer season. 

But two issues that bother me are the xbow  restrictions, weight and size. Ridiculous. And the ban in Suffolk country.

If I could buy a modern Xbow and use it in my county I would be happy. 

There are a ton of modern legal crossbows that fit nys regs.  As for ban in Suffolk that has to be addressed at county level

2 hours ago, G-Man said:

There are a ton of modern legal crossbows that fit nys regs.  As for ban in Suffolk that has to be addressed at county level

Tenpoint makes special bows every year just for NY. I spoke to a tec at Tenpoint and they think it’s stupid. So do I.

Suffolk county has asked for Xbows to be legal every year for several years now. But the state because of the NYS bowhunters Ass. Say no every year. 

On 4/4/2021 at 9:31 PM, mike103 said:

But two issues that bother me are the xbow  restrictions, weight and size. Ridiculous. 

This is what i am here for, kinda silly to me. but what can you do. 

So i am guessing this didn't make it in either, that sucks.