Can’t take it anymore

Swamp_bucks

1 hour ago, Belo said:

I really like my LCP. Probably carry it the most for convenience. I recommend the desantis superfly pocket holster. I also bought the model with the laser which I think is for sure worth the extra money too.

Think that’s the route I’ll go for my wife.  Want something that she doesn’t have to hesitate with if she needs to.  We will see her through the application/ finger print stuff then I’ll start shopping around.  

2 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Make sure to say for hunting and target practicing. Don't say for protection purposes. Know a guy who said that with interview with trooper. He didn't get his. I'm in Clinton county. My wife and I are getting ours also with everything that's happening in this world. Plus traveling you never know who your gonna meet.

There’s actually a left on the packet stating permits will only be permitted for hunting/target  only.  I took a picture of the letter wrote by the judge.

image.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Think that’s the route I’ll go for my wife.  Want something that she doesn’t have to hesitate with if she needs to.  We will see her through the application/ finger print stuff then I’ll start shopping around.  

I will say that it's not fun to shoot though. It's snappy, but again a perfect pull it out and use up close kinda gun that is better than nothing. My hands are bigger, but my wife didn't really like it either. Again, good carry gun because of it's size, just not fun at the range (other than the laser haha)

49 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

There’s actually a left on the packet stating permits will only be permitted for hunting/target  only.  I took a picture of the letter wrote by the judge.

image.jpg

I'm gonna go pick up paperwork tomorrow. Good looking out. That's probably why the guy told me that. How much is for paperwork? Then you have to be fingerprinted right b4 submitted? I started the process b4 but never submitted it at time.

25 minutes ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

I'm gonna go pick up paperwork tomorrow. Good looking out. That's probably why the guy told me that. How much is for paperwork? Then you have to be fingerprinted right b4 submitted? I started the process b4 but never submitted it at time.

You should be able to print your paperwork from the sheriffs department website. I know Onondaga county office is closed to the public unless you have an appointment so you have to print the application out. Will save you a trip 

• Like 1

I've been after family member to get a permit.  If I kick the bucket, you'll be amazed how fast the State Troopers come to your house to collect them.  That NY gun registration assures that. 
When my FIL passed, they were there in first week after we got him in the ground.  We had to move them onto a permit to get them back and that had to go through the Executor.   Write your pistols in your will if you want someone that appreciates them to get them.
SIL just moved to Saratoga County but needs more residency to apply.

You can just donate to me if you like ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Need to get my head out of my ass,that's for sure.and @hueyjazzthat is so very true!when my grandfather passed the trooper didn't leave the house without the pistols.luckily enough they went to a good friend of the family and is holding onto them after he,his wife and my grandmother(executor) went down to the barrack's.dreading getting a permit here in monroe county but need to get it done!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, REDNECK4LIFE32 said:

Good to know. Im wondering how it will be to get me being a veteran with PTSD. Probably shouldn't waste my money. But my wife will get hers. But I know alot of vets in my situation have there's so we'll see. I'm going to also apply in Georgia where I spend alot of time also.

Thanks for your service.

• Like 1

Just now, doebuck1234 said:

Need to get my head out of my ass,that's for sure.and @hueyjazzthat is so very true!when my grandfather passed the trooper didn't leave the house without the pistols.luckily enough they went to a good friend of the family and is holding onto them after he,his wife and my grandmother(executor) went down to the barrack's.dreading getting a permit here in monroe county but need to get it done!!!!!

Tomorrow is the next best day to do it......DON'T DAWDLE.

• Like 2

A word of caution regarding your pistol permit application. DO NOT USE an ex girlfriend as a character witness ! Back in the early 80's you needed 3 people to vouch for your character (no cops, politicians etc) on the application. When I called the Sheriffs office to find out what the delay was, they said they were waiting on Tina's paperwork. She had it for months and never got around to mailing it back to them. I had to track her down and kiss her ass to mail it off. LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

A word of caution regarding your pistol permit application. DO NOT USE an ex girlfriend as a character witness ! Back in the early 80's you needed 3 people to vouch for your character (no cops, politicians etc) on the application. When I called the Sheriffs office to find out what the delay was, they said they were waiting on Tina's paperwork. She had it for months and never got around to mailing it back to them. I had to track her down and kiss her ass to mail it off. LOL

Lol. Now you turn in the forms they fill out when you turn I’m your paperwork. Why would you use an ex girlfriend, or were you still together when you originally asked to use her as a reference??

54 minutes ago, Water Rat said:

Please send a picture of her ass so that we can determine if it was worth kissing to obtain your pistol permit...

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Oneida county is the same way. Mine is restricted to hunting, fishing, hiking and target. They will not issue any unrestricted and they tell you at the office to not even bother to try.

Good luck. I was def glad I did it. Took about 6 months here. Took me a few pistols to be happy with one. But found the one I am very happy with now. Although I very rarely carry it, I'm still glad I got it.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Waterfowler said:

That’s correct: sold the LCP pretty quick. The S/W has better sights, locks back after last shot, better trigger and less finicky to ammo. Also not just my personal experience but many coworkers 

Good to know.  I've heard plenty good about both versions of the LCP and know a few people that carry them.  All have been reliable......

Good luck .

In my opinion lasers are over rated and not needed , do they look cool and fancy  sure. But if your ever in a situation where you actually need to use  ( I hope you're never in that situation ) your going to be upclose and personnel . Your going to aim for the largest part of the target you can hit not right between the eyes with laser sight.  Only my two cents not looking to upset anyone .

I just got my Utah ccw, I think that offers a few more states then Florida but I could be mistaken. 

It took me 25 years and three tries to get full carry in Albany  Co. I think my first judge told me he didn't need a reason to deny me full carry . 

All in all long process but worth the accomplishment in the end .

I like the bodyguard but can’t compare it to the LCP because I’ve never fired one. For it size the bodyguard fairly accurate and has fed any ammo I gave it. I have medium sized hands and it fits good other than my pinky running out of room.

If i could change one thing it would would be the trigger pull. It’s pretty heavy. I’m sure it can be done I’ve just never looked into.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk