Live From The Woods 2022 - 2023 Edition!

fasteddie

56 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

My weather app lied to me I was surprised to find that it was only 28 degrees and not 42. I didn’t see a single deer on the drive in this morning.

I’m sitting over a large field with a food plot right in front of me hoping they come out for a late breakfast. Haven’t seen anything yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use AccuWeather and it us consistently 5-6 degrees off in the morning. Seems better for afternoon, dont know why other than land features. 

Agreed.  Been there myself.  I actually laughed when he walked over and sniffed the knock. 
I'll hopefully get another crack at him.  Things are really heating up fast.  
Hopefully I can figure out what happened this morning.  Took a couple shots Friday afternoon with no issues, and there was nothing between him and I except air. 
My guess would be that the arrow was not seated on the rest.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Hock3y24 said:

Use a plastic grocery bag to put nocks in tight, cut off excess.

I actually have some in there. Able to twist the shaft when knocked, but it's difficult with just my fingers. 

Just shot with all my gear on. First was 2“ left, next 4 we're dead nuts. All will the same broadhead.   So, either I fudged up and forgot everything about follow through over the 40+ yrs of bowhunting, or string caught something. Either is possible I guess. 

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

It’s amazing how these squirrels saw the 2 Cooper’s hawks sail in and now have one at 75-80 and the other at 100 yards perched in trees. 
Coyote death ran into horse farm , oops. My first one and I can’t / shouldn’t go get it. 

C5FD041F-C02D-46BB-8CCD-4A1D1933A42D.jpeg

I'd ask them if you can retrieve it.   But if it only a few yrs in, I'd just go grab it. 

It’s amazing how these squirrels saw the 2 Cooper’s hawks sail in and now have one at 75-80 and the other at 100 yards perched in trees. 
Coyote death ran into horse farm , oops. My first one and I can’t / shouldn’t go get it. 
C5FD041F-C02D-46BB-8CCD-4A1D1933A42D.thumb.jpeg.89f90cdf1c9fb065eeaabdbfa62521a7.jpeg

Kindly ask to retrieve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

40 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

C5FD041F-C02D-46BB-8CCD-4A1D1933A42D.jpeg

Knock on farmers door later and ask.. most he can say is no.. prolly happy one is dead..

• Like 3

The ladies are toying with my emotions. Had 2 pop out on the other end of the field 350ish yards away. They milled about for a while then went back in the woods. Bout an hour later a catch them making a b line right at me in the field on the edge of the woods. They get to about 170 yards and duck into the woods. Haven’t seen em since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well Mr bill and I didn't get out . We meet in the parking lot but Cooper saw Mr bill and ran towards him . I know I should of let go of the leash but with car coming in I was afraid of him getting hit ot jumping up on mr.bill. so I took a hard face plant . 8 stitches and looking like hell. Can you say ouch 6b9ead960ba99b0a0d38e6ddd0efe7b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Sad 13

4 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

Well Mr bill and I didn't get out . We meet in the parking lot but Cooper saw Mr bill and ran towards him . I know I should of let go of the leash but with car coming in I was afraid of him getting hit ot jumping up on mr.bill. so I took a hard face plant . 8 stitches and looking like hell. Can you say ouch 6b9ead960ba99b0a0d38e6ddd0efe7b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

You know you could come up with a cool story like a fisher attacked or some zombie squirrel jumped out of the tree after you tried to shoot it!!  LOL

Hopefully you recover quickly.