How's That Freezer Lookin'?

Cabin Fever

Funny, I did inventory yesterday. 2 usually get the wife,daughter and I almost thru the year. 3 deer would be perfect. A little ground left, roast, few chops and steaks. Going to have to stretch it out to make it to next loading. A lot of the chops and steaks get cubed, dry rubbed, dab of jalapeno cream cheese and small piece of bacon toothpicked and put on smoker. Heavenly ! I've had quite a few people who've never had venison try it and ask for seconds and thirds. Hopefully this year 3 hit the freezer. Nothing like the feeling of a full freezer after season in anticipation of all the great eats ahead. 

Thought there were a lot of deer up there. you don't shoot does?[/

Number of deer in a area does not make it a for sure thing that you will fill all the tags.

no but it certainly helps. i would never call out a hunter but will add that there's a few spots i hunt where you're basically guaranteed a flat head every hunt. i know that i'm lucky.

• Like 1

Number of deer in a area does not make it a for sure thing that you will fill all the tags.

Ya' got that right! Funny how the dozens of deer I get on my cams all summer just magically disappear an hour before sunrise on opening day. :fie:

Freezer is getting a little lean, but it needs a good cleaning anyway. Squirrel season opens in a little more than a week!

Edited by philoshop
  • Like 1

My freezer is pretty much full.  We got a good deal on a side of beef and a whole pig this summer, not to mention the salmon and halibut that I brought back from Alaska last month.  Heck, I have almost 100# of beef, pork, and fish in the freezer at my mom's house!  I'll be working on filling her freezer up some more come Oct 1!

no but it certainly helps. i would never call out a hunter but will add that there's a few spots i hunt where you're basically guaranteed a flat head every hunt. i know that i'm lucky.

Good for you

I can't wait for squirrel to open. Think I am guaranteed a few this year

Edited by Paula
  • Like 1