for those who hunt after hours, it can happen

bubba

$200 fine plus $75 court costs let's call it $300.

I paid 6 figures it put my kids through college , my Mom pays $5,000 a month to assisted living, my Nephew is picking up hunting land for $950,000, my buddy just bought a$400,000 house on the Bay and last year bought 40 acres of hunting land cash.

If they want the fines to discourage anything they need to get them in line with today's costs. That fine is less then the pocket knife I have on me.

• Like 3

$200 fine plus $75 court costs let's call it $300.

I paid 6 figures it put my kids through college , my Mom pays $5,000 a month to assisted living, my Nephew is picking up hunting land for $950,000, my buddy just bought a$400,000 house on the Bay and last year bought 40 acres of hunting land cash.

If they want the fines to discourage anything they need to get them in line with today's costs. That fine is less then the pocket knife I have on me.

Few people these days have incomes that would support spending like that. If you don't think those fines are stiff enough, maybe the fines should be on a sliding scale according to income?

Edited by wildcat junkie
  • Like 1

Few people these days have incomes that would support spending like that. If you don't think those fines are stiff enough, maybe the fines should be on a sliding scale according to income?

Sounds like the Liberal distribution of wealth ........ pay for those that can't afford it .

Don't do the crime if you can't pay the fine !

• Like 5

Agree with Cabinboy Lots of guys on this forum drive 40k pickups own hunting land and walk in the woods with $1,000 worth of gear to,kill a deer, a few hundred dollar fine and the very very low odds of getting caught once in a lifetime is not a deterrent .

Edited by Larry302
  • Like 3

Law enforcement is a problem. Too few resources for such a difficult place to patrol. The fact is that it is an almost impossible job to do. That is why we all have to lend a hand if the laws are to mean anything. Also this idea of laughing when someone tells us about their lawless activities, and the congratulatory slap on the back needs to stop. Somehow, we need to instill some form of respect for the law such that people are more likely to police themselves rather than the wink and a nod that we see way too much of even here on this forum.

• Like 1