Spotted fawns early bow...

wooly

Just curious how many have seen fawns that still have their spots durring bow season.

I got a trail cam pic of one once since we went to the Oct 1'st opener but have never seen one durring season other than that.

I did snap this pic two days ago, and was thinking the little one might retain a few spots into early archery season.

original.jpg

• Like 2

It's not uncommon to see spotted fawns right into firearms here, past years. I have a lot to add to this thread for this year, but not until I get a good accurate assessment. I know this year fawn numbers are way down. That a fact, and it worries me. Looked like good breeding numbers, last fall too.

• Like 1

Two years ago and that was the only time. It was a spotted fawn that hung by one deer stand like a lonely dog. Latest I saw it was mid oct. Almost every sit in that stand u would see it, then stopped after a couple weeks. It was tiny as well, id say considerably smaller than most fawns during that time of year.

• Like 1

I've shot a few with spots still visible, usually along the back ridgeline, well into Oct. They are pretty good table fare.

This was my regular season opening day buck from last year.

First pic is from Oct 5'th 2015 and the second pic is from Oct 26'th 2015

Both pics you can see the row of spots running down his spine but he didn't have them when I killed him on November 15'th. (that kinda sucked)

What do you guys think..... nice 6 month old with good genetics or what,lol

Now I KNOW i've got a few pics of some REAL dinks I've killed I'll have to look for, but even they didn't have spots.

Sometimes it's nice for a little guy like me to be able to drag them out one handed and toss the in the back of the truck like a bunny carcass when that's what I'm in the mood for.

original.jpg

original.jpg

This was my regular season opening day buck from last year.

First pic is from Oct 5'th 2015 and the second pic is from Oct 26'th 2015

Both pics you can see the row of spots running down his spine but he didn't have them when I killed him on November 15'th. (that kinda sucked)

What do you guys think..... nice 6 month old with good genetics or what,lol

Now I KNOW i've got a few pics of some REAL dinks I've killed I'll have to look for, but even they didn't have spots.

Sometimes it's nice for a little guy like me to be able to drag them out one handed and toss the in the back of the truck like a bunny carcass when that's what I'm in the mood for.

original.jpg

original.jpg

Wooly, those pics are crazy. I never would have thought a fawn would grow a rack its first yr. All buck fawns I have ever seen have been buttons. It is probably more likely he was older 1.5 yrs and just had some unique spots.

Do u think he was older? How big was he?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1