LIVE from the woods 2015 Edition! - Sixth Year Going Strong

burmjohn

Congrats...I went to a new stand ...kicked 2 fawn out from infront of blind going in...got to stand and the 2 fooled around in the woods behind me...not one adult deer showed up...got down while those two fed out infront of the blind. Walked briskly and loudly away from them to the road...walked along the pine hedge row until I found the very wide path the deer have made between 2 pines to enter the feild...jumped ditch and walked the hill home...those fawn never moved....

Swore I heard grunting and racks hitting in the swamp below me...walked past upper turnip ,WW,Clover plot not one deer there either..don't know whats up..

Well it started with me heading out on the back 30 acres to sit my stand and wait .. well it took 2 hours of sitting and reading thru this thread and others and I heard crunching coming from my right and I was already standing up so I grabbed my bow and she was heading rite towards my lane I drew back and she grazed behind a bush for a minute so I let it in then she started walking again so I drew back she came out stood there grazing kinda quarter towards me and I made sure my pegs were rite and I was anchored rite and I released she immediately bolted into the woods and I couldn't see the arrow or blood so I got nervous as I was already amped up from adrenaline so I waited a little bit climbed down and found arrow rite past were she was and it was all blood clean pass thru but no blood trail at all so I waited and returned inside changed and grabbed my daughter and dad to help we started were the arrow was and no blood but specks here and there but luckily my property has dropped most leafs so you could see the disturbed trail I split one way they went the other and I hear we found it from my daughter .. there she laid still no blood around here ... dragged her out with her help and then she helped thru the whole process of field dressing and all .. it's already in my cooler quartered and on ice since it was 55° out I couldn't let it hang so we did it ... thank you every1 that congratulated me this thread helps pass time in the stand and I look forward to reading everyone's success posts to come but as for me I'll head down to middlesex tomorrow to see if I can connect on a nice 8 I've seen down there

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Very nice Klude.. Good to see some success pics.

The one buck pic I thought he was dead under the stand at first glance as well lol took me skimming threw the comments and the other picture to find out it was a live 4pt. Congrats everyone that got er done and goodluck to all of us yet to connect.

I took monday off I got some early work hours today and i'll be in my stand by 330 for the nice evening hunt. Feeling good about it to.

I love that this thread has evolved from live in the stand to more of a hunting camp thread. It really shows how similar we all are in our goals and successes in the woods. With no better place to share it than with 100's of others who can make it feel like we've known each other for ages. Catching up on this thread whether at work or in the stand sure makes the time go by. Congrats Kludes on that doe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I love that this thread has evolved from live in the stand to more of a hunting camp thread. It really shows how similar we all are in our goals and successes in the woods. With no better place to share it than with 100's of others who can make it feel like we've known each other for ages. Catching up on this thread whether at work or in the stand sure makes the time go by. Congrats Kludes on that doe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well stated .... from my desk at work I can enjoy the outdoors !  Thanks Everybody !

Another great evening sit and a nice encounter, even with the winds gusting. Heading for the oak tree stand, never made it as deer were already feeding on the wheat at 5:20. Got up into the ash tree grove stand without being detected. No longer did a get an arrow knocked, a rather perfect 8 pt. entered the field. Several doe headed for the woods except for a big doe that didn't much care. He worked his way within 25 yd.s or so giving  me a nice chip shot. I elected to pass on this 2 1/2 year old named buddy as hopefully, he'll get a few more years on him.  The doe was within view for several minutes before heading for the oak woods. He followed. Other deer entered the field, yearling bucks and doe; wind gusts pushed them back into the woods 3x but they still emerged back for another round of wheat.