Rough Day

gfdeputy2

we are putting down my female boxer (Lucy) this afternoon
due to kidney failure she is a few months shy of 11 years old but we have only had her for 3 years she was a crazy, wacky troublemaker but very much loved
I have brought her back to life with CPR 3 times due to an irregular heartbeat
but now there is no saving her with this problem

few pics of her during good days & one of her not so good days the white one (wrecker) is her younger 1/2 brother he is a boxer / American bulldog which we adopted at the same time

hope this is not a sign of how my week in NY is going to be

post-555-0-26586100-1446050152_thumb.jpg

post-555-0-23253200-1446050179_thumb.jpg

post-555-0-79561000-1446050209_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My dog passed this morning man. No lie. Wasn't going to post or say anything about it on here but this thread made me think of my dog so much.

I feel for you I had my dog for almost 13 years. Like family for sure. She passed peacefully on her bed at least, were she had slept for many years.

Im not on a Vaca but will be in the woods to relax and ease my mind a bit lets hope we both get er done.

Much love sent from my way brother !!!

• Like 3

I wanted to just Thank everyone for your kind well wishes. yeah I cried then laughed thinking of the memories . even though we adopted them at an older age & knew they wouldn't live long you never are prepared. I wanted to like every post but ran out of likes. today will be easier as I will be busy at work then preparing for our trip to Naples. Hunting camp has Wifi so I will try to sign in at least once a day. more if the hunting is slow

Again Thank You all!  Hope you all have a great week & give all your dogs a hug from my family

attachicon.gifIMG_20151028_195708485.jpgDeputy,

Sorry to hear.  We just purchased our first boxer 3 or so months ago.  I love boxers but am totally frustrated with their kid-like demeanor.  You have some beautiful pics and memories.

Hopefully this will bring a smile to your face!  Her name is Lily...

Lily is Beautiful these two were our first boxers too always had labs & get used to her kid like behavior sorry to break the news they have it forever. I could not believe the energy that she had until she got sick

sometimes it is frustrating but a lot of times it brings so much joy

My dog passed this morning man. No lie. Wasn't going to post or say anything about it on here but this thread made me think of my dog so much.

I feel for you I had my dog for almost 13 years. Like family for sure. She passed peacefully on her bed at least, were she had slept for many years.

Im not on a Vaca but will be in the woods to relax and ease my mind a bit lets hope we both get er done.

Much love sent from my way brother !!!

sorry to hear that thoughts & prayers sent you way too!!! seems like it is a bad month

My brother in-law had to put his dog down a couple weeks ago & a buddy of mine was taking his to the Vet yesterday & doesn't look good for him either

• Like 1