Thanks for allowing an out of stater

Laturkeyhtr

As my username implies, I am from Louisiana.  Years ago when I first got online I was invited to a hunting forum, it was spring of the year, so Laturkeyhtr seemed appropriate and has stuck with me.  I am a deer hunter first simply because there is more meat deer and there weren't any turkeys when I started hunting.  I became interested in turkeys when our stated made a turkey release near my families place.  I used to be quite active in the NWTF, but not anymore.  I served six years on the Louisiana's state board of the NWTF.  I am a lifetime member of the QDMA and the NRA.  I thoroughly believe in wildlife conservation and the part that hunters play.  I am father to two wonderful kids and have introduced them to the hunting lifestyle.  One of my most favorite things to do is take first time hunters out for a turkey hunt and not necessarily just kids but adults too.  Don't be too disappointed it I don't post a lot just not in the habit.

I was made aware this morning from one of your members that another long time friend was on here.  "Pygmy"  told me that "Maytom" was frequenting this site.  I have had the pleasure to meet both and have even hunted with Pygmy.  Maytom is just or used to be hilariouis and was also a fine woodworker.    Hello Maytom and Pygmy!!

• Like 7

As my username implies, I am from Louisiana.  Years ago when I first got online I was invited to a hunting forum, it was spring of the year, so Laturkeyhtr seemed appropriate and has stuck with me.  I am a deer hunter first simply because there is more meat deer and there weren't any turkeys when I started hunting.  I became interested in turkeys when our stated made a turkey release near my families place.  I used to be quite active in the NWTF, but not anymore.  I served six years on the Louisiana's state board of the NWTF.  I am a lifetime member of the QDMA and the NRA.  I thoroughly believe in wildlife conservation and the part that hunters play.  I am father to two wonderful kids and have introduced them to the hunting lifestyle.  One of my most favorite things to do is take first time hunters out for a turkey hunt and not necessarily just kids but adults too.  Don't be too disappointed it I don't post a lot just not in the habit.

I was made aware this morning from one of your members that another long time friend was on here.  "Pygmy"  told me that "Maytom" was frequenting this site.  I have had the pleasure to meet both and have even hunted with Pygmy.  Maytom is just or used to be hilariouis and was also a fine woodworker.    Hello Maytom and Pygmy!!

Welcome aboard. So who truly was the better QB, Phil Robertson or Terry Bradshaw?

Welcome to the forum, my good friend !!

I'm sure that members here will benefit from your deer and turkey hunting experience..

And the first thing to establish... Proper pronunciation of LOUISIANA...

If you live there, it's LOOO-sy- anna.... Not Loo-WEE-sy-anna...

A good looking blonde South Carolina veterinarian told me that years ago, and after talking with Laturkeyhtr, I realized that she was right.

Welcome aboard. So who truly was the better QB, Phil Robertson or Terry Bradshaw?

I actually went to Tech about the same time that they played. Can't say that I ever saw Phil play, but did see Bradshaw throw that 98 yard pass. Phil doesn't live too far from me 30 miles maybe. Both seem to be fine men in their own right.

• Like 1

Welcome to the fray!!

Have you been spring gobbler hunting this year in your neck of the woods?

Sadly I haven't. Our season opened this morning, but last night my daughter came in and we are having Easter with my wife's family. Too much trouble to try to sneak out for just a couple of hours. I'll get started Monday.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Mike, somehow I missed your post. Like yourself, I'm a newbie here as well. Glad to see you posting!!!!

Just so you know folks, Mike is a fine craftsman himself, does some awesome skrim-shaw work (hope I spelled that correctly)!!!