How often do you check

Grizz1219

Your cameras.... I put mine out 3 weeks ago... Not going to check them till the end of this month... Trying to not check them a lot... Setting up two more when I do go at the EOM. Then thinking as we get closer I will check every other week..... But it is tough to stay away!!! LOL

usually 3-4 weeks. Start putting them in mid july, then 1st of sept leave them til hunting season.  I dont usually put them too close to my stands so I don't keep going too close to hunt area and blow out deer.  But on land i hunt a lot already, know where i am gonna hunt, just like to know whats out there.  On new ground i will move them every 2-3 weeks to help figure out where to start hunting. 

• Like 1

Seeing many of mine are very near the garden area and the areas I work in ,eveyday...Guess what...doesn't stop the activity and that is with ALL the animals and day pics...I have had pics of me walking by a camera and 15 mins later a buck standing there watching me walk away....

• Like 2

Every 3-4 weeks during the summer, when I pass by or close to them during hunting season. I do have a hot community scrape in the same exact spot every year and the bucks really start hitting it during daylight the first 2 weeks of November so I'll pop in every 3 days quick and quiet and check the card, if I'm seeing bucks during the day I'll hunt it immediately, if not I'll wait a couple more days and so on... There's usually a week where every buck in the area is hitting it during daylight. Last year I went in on November 10th after shooting a doe on the AM an hour away, I walked in around 3pm with my bow in hand just in case and I bumped 3 bucks away from that scrape area, I didn't even check the card and went straight up the tree, 2 hours and 3 more bucks later I shot the biggest buck in those woods (according to my trailcam).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The helpful part of being 2 hours away from my cameras I guess.... Easier to stay away with them a long ride away... But Black berries will be ripe on the farm soon, so I'll be out there picking them.... Just need to not over check the cameras... maybe I'll pick a different camera every time I go out to pick... LOL

I was out here checking plot growth and pulling the one species of weed out of this plot 2x's yesterday...went back last night because I forgot the card. I never wash change clothes spray anything never seems to matter to the deer. My scent and presences is well known year around by the deer,as I want it.

PICT0004 (10).JPG

PICT0053.JPG

IMAG0120 (3).JPG

11-4-15 fm 8pt infront of blind.JPG

Edited by growalot
  • Like 2

sometimes twice all year long.  sometimes every day i hunt.  depends on how it's setup and where.  sanctuaries have a cam that sets without touching it.  cam on field scan mode at the edge of a plot right next to a stand and relatively away from a deer's travel path gets checked every time i hunt that spot.  in general though cams get checked every couple weeks.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 8:28 AM, growalot said:

I was out here checking plot growth and pulling the one species of weed out of this plot 2x's yesterday...went back last night because I forgot the card. I never wash change clothes spray anything never seems to matter to the deer. My scent and presences is well known year around by the deer,as I want it.

PICT0004 (10).JPG

PICT0053.JPG

IMAG0120 (3).JPG

11-4-15 fm 8pt infront of blind.JPG

Grow, you got hard horns up there already?