16 days till southern archery opens . Are you ready

rob-c

I have set up my stand last weekend and all my gear is ready.  I have to pick up more arrows and broadheads and do a little practicing with the bow...  Oct 1st can't get here soon enough.

Our group leased a new property in 9M outside of Ellicottville for this season and I am chomping at the bit to get out there and learn the area better.  The lease borders hundreds of acres state land, so there is a lot of exploring to be done.

Don't leave us northern guys out. Weather permitting, I have 14 days to go and I will be at deer tent camp. Tent was checked, one pop-up blind was aired out, do the other one this weekend. Clothes will get washed and air dried this weekend and treated with Sawyer's. Made sure things were in the b/w pack that need to be. Ordered what wasn't.
C'mon 9/29 - and hopefully ma nature will cooperate.

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've never been this behind schedule. Just got home from 2 weeks in S Cal. and I haven't even put up a single stand! This weekend weather looks like it's going to be hot here sunny and 80's. I will try to get at least 1 stand up on sat and sun am, check out my new food plot to see if it grew at all and look for a stand location there. I shot the bow yesterday, BHs ok out to 30 yards. but man do I need to practice! I'll probably get out opening weekend for "dress rehearsal".

I am down to 12 days, I'm as ready as I ever am. I have a few stands I haven't gotten to around home, some brush hogging that should get done and a bunch of other stuff. I have to get to the store and get some laundry soap because when I pulled out the bins they stink. My wife switched soaps this year and I'm pretty sure every deer i have killed is when my clothes were washed in tide laundry soap so I have to go get some before season.

Other than that I am ready to be in the woods!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mostly ready.  Clothes washed, and hanging outside, but new pants and jacket on the way and they'll need washing.  All clothes will get the Sawyer's treatment a few days before opener. 

Stands set and checked.  Plans for hunts coming together, with a new property opportunity available. 

Time to stop writing and practice with the bow, which is what I need most.