Subaru ?

Nomad

I'll be honest I can't stand subies by brother in law drives one and every ricer thinks he's got the fastest thing around...now with that being said they are awesome cars that seem to last forever hold value extremely well and have awesome reviews all the way around. As much as I'd love to say stay away I don't know if anyone could go wrong owning one

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, steve863 said:

If the Ford, Chevy and Dodge truck owners knew how little I spent on repairs they wouldn't believe me since their trucks breakdown more often then I change my socks.

Subaru are great cars, but to compare them to a truck is just silly. You're just trolling with this nonsense. 

I'll be honest I can't stand subies by brother in law drives one and every ricer thinks he's got the fastest thing around...now with that being said they are awesome cars that seem to last forever hold value extremely well and have awesome reviews all the way around. As much as I'd love to say stay away I don't know if anyone could go wrong owning one

Ain't much that'll touch an STI. Buddy had one bored out. Holy crap on a cracker. That puppy would move Been in some serious quick cars and that one made me nervous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ain't much that'll touch an STI. Buddy had one bored out. Holy crap on a cracker. That puppy would move Been in some serious quick cars and that one made me nervous.

Lol yea and they all think they have that car lol...there is no doubt some really fast ones that have been built but just because the local kids have a turbo and fart can they are not the same lol....i know your not saying they are but those types (my bro in law) drive me nuts

• Like 2

Girlfriend has a 2015 Impreza.  I can't knock an AWD car that gets 32mpg and is a tank in the snow and ice.  I had a couple beater Subaru Loyale wagons when I was young.  They had push button 4wd and would go anywhere as long as they had clearance.  I drove them in the woods, on the lake, all over the farm.  I'd love to buy "American", but the best vehicles I've ever owned were made in Japan, and it hasn't even been close.

Looking at CRV tomorrow , never thought I'd own an Outback but I keep going back to,it . I've looked at Volvos, Acura MDX, Exploders , Jeeps and on and on .

Down to these two now. Was going to buy when I retire next May, but, daughters sub frame on her 04 Grand Am trusted away , the steering column / housing is no longer connected to the frame , makes for fun handling !

So I said I'd sell her our '03 , 77k miles Aurora , 8cyl ,new Michelins, super clean car for a grand . She parks on a city street and the hospital parking lot is not good to new cars either .

So we need to move on a car in a week or two.

image.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Looking at CRV tomorrow , never thought I'd own an Outback but I keep going back to,it . I've looked at Volvos, Acura MDX, Exploders , Jeeps and on and on .

Down to these two now. Was going to buy when I retire next May, but, daughters sub frame on her 04 Grand Am trusted away , the steering column / housing is no longer connected to the frame , makes for fun handling !

So I said I'd sell her our '03 , 77k miles Aurora , 8cyl ,new Michelins, super clean car for a grand . She parks on a city street and the hospital parking lot is not good to new cars either .

Get the Subaru, you won't regret it.  Will be the most reliable vehicle you'll ever own.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

image.jpeg

Between the Subaru and the Honda CRV, how do the prices compare when comparably equipped?

Edited by Lawdwaz

3 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

How dare you !? This crappy little Focus will make the STI it's bitch all day long.

2016-Ford-Focus-RS-front-three-quarter-03.jpg

Edited by Jeremy K

While you are driving around or sitting at stop lights, just glance around at some of the older (and maybe not so old) car makes and models that have that dangling rusty bumper or those lace rocker panels or the dangling rusty fender flapping in the breeze, and you will mostly note that it is an American car where the manufacturers are obviously relying on the "buy American" sentiments to peddle their cheap inadequate steel and paints. This has been going on for decades. I remember when Japanese cars were worse than any. And then some time after the 1970's the situation changed. The Japanese decided to go on a super quality kick, and the American manufacturers decide to talk about quality but only used that word as a smoke screen to continue cranking out rust buckets. So when I buy cars, I don't pay a lot of attention to how they look new. I know I will be owning these cars for a lot of years, so I look at the proof on, or along the side of the road as to what kind of gluing together I will have to do in the future just to keep the thing together. I've settled in on Honda products and haven't been burned yet. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

Just test drove an Outback , I really like it , the boxer engine , the safety ratings .Symmetrical AWD and a really good resale value, are strong positives . All sorts of cameras , lane change assist , adapted cruise control and so forth . The Honda CRV being a now distant second .

Dont  worry I'm keeping the Buick ......

Thoughts ? Any Subaru owners here ?

Da Wife wants one .... wish they didnt cost more than my first house !

• Like 1